Who is doing RNS-E unlocks these days?

Discussion in 'Lamborghini' started by Ag02M5, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Ag02M5 Member

Tried Proxus and Haggie but haven't gotten anywhere.

Need to nav unlock and a few other tweaks.

Thanks for your time.

RT
  2. Google

3. rittmeister New Member

Why do you not ask your Audi Dealer for the PIN to unlock your RNS-E?
  4. I believe the OP wants to have Video In Motion Unlock and not having any security PIN issues.

You can accomplish the VIM-unlock with the VIM tool and necessary firmware.
    • Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

Since Ag02M5 has only said "unlock" it's impossible to determine whether he means he needs a PIN code, or whether he wants VIM.
  5. Ag02M5 Member

Sorry. I tried to change my post title.

I have the code. No issues there.

I need to get it reprogrammed for the nav to work and VIM. Lambo unit.

Thanks!
    • Premium Supporter

That's 2 separate issues then:

1) enabling NAV on a Lambo RNS-E.

2) enabling VIM.

Is that what you're asking about?
  6. Ag02M5 Member

Yes.

#1 is most important. #2 is so I can have a front parking camera.

I'd like to find someone who offers both services. I know I can possibly do it myself with the VAG-COM tool but I just don't have time to do that much research.

I know Navparts.com was offering the nav service but I have read the issues people are having with them.

Thanks for taking time to help a newb.

RT
    • Premium Supporter

7. Ag02M5 Member

Yes and I have had a few exchanges with Haaggie. He steered me toward a Lambo dealer and that is not what I am looking for.

Communicating with him has been challenging as he doesn't seem to get my emails.

Thx.

RT
    • Premium Supporter

Since this discussion is about the Lamborghini version of the RNS-E, I've moved it to the Lamborghini Forum.
  8. Ag02M5 Member

This really isn't Lambo specific. Anyone that can program the RNS-E can set this up.

This forum is a little slow. :(
    • Premium Supporter

Not 100% true.

Enabling VIM IS generic (but only applies to pre-2010 versions so nobody has yet made a VIM hack for the 2010 RNS-E), but enabling NAV is only required on the Lambo & R8 versions of the RNS-E since all other versions come with nav enabled (that's the whole point of them).

Not true, the only person I know who has enabled navigation on a Lambo unit is Haaggie, yet hundreds (thousands?) of people have done the VIM hack, done the SDS hack, converted units from EU to US, ...
  9. gintijd New Member

I had unlocked a lambo navi in 2 days but i really have to look very hard for any contactdetails.

was for a 04 gallardo spyder, everything worked perfect

it was a unlock for the navigation and for the rearview camera

if anyone needs help just ask and i'll have to search a couple of pc's inboxes

greetings

Share Audi Forum with friends