Where/how to mount GPS antenna

Discussion in 'Lamborghini' started by m_later, Jul 30, 2008.

1. m_later New Member

I have a '06 Gallardo that I've had Nav enabled on but I can't figure out how to get the antenna in to a good position inside the dash. I thought I had seen a thread on this but I can't find it. Can anyone post some tips on easy to install locations that will get me strong signal strength? Right now I only get 1-2 sats and that obviously won't work.
  2. Google

3. Silent_Seven New Member

I have an 04 and you can either mag mount on the silver bracket to the left rear of the glove box or use double stick tape to afix it to the under side of the dash obove the glove box.
  4. gallardo guy New Member

There's a metal bracket directly behind the radio. I stick the antenna to that and get 4-6 sats
  5. m_later New Member

I'm starting to suspect the problem is my antenna. I tried both positions and only get 0-1 sats now. I have a new antenna on order so will try again once it arrives.
  6. gallardo guy New Member

Did you drive the car around? I originally only got 1-2 sats when the car was in my garage, but after driving it I got several sats.
    • Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

The satellite signal is VERY weak, the attenuation from even a garage roof is enough to cause real problems. All testing needs to be done in the open, away from tall buildings and NOT under trees (even they attenuate the signal significantly).
  7. m_later New Member

yup, I had been driving around for about 5 mins and still fluctuated between 0-1 sat. The antenna i got didn't have the blue plastic connector. it had a 90-degree adapter that kinda fit but not perfectly. Hopefully the new antenna will be here tomorrow and I can try with it.
  8. Well plug in the antenna and route it out the window to the top of the roof. Then you will know whether the antenna is defective if you don't receive an increase in satellites.
  9. m_later New Member

I tried the new antenna in same spot and its working better. It is mostly on 5 sats and occasionally drops to 4 but then right back. The other one just didn't work.

Share Audi Forum with friends