Well known forum member selling stolen parts

Discussion in 'MMI' started by craigyb, Feb 8, 2012.

1. craigyb Active Member

I bought a couple of MMI navigation units from a well known forum member/contributor. When I tried to install these systems they appeared as stolen to Audi on the VAS systems. I contacted the member and after two or three emails to him he apologised and agreed to replace the units.

Since I returned them to him he has ignored all contact for over a month. So now he has my money and the nav units. I have the name/address of his company etc and can inform the police that he is selling stolen goods.

So I've decided to out this member to warn anyone else that may decide to deal with him, but not yet name him and give him a chance to put things right, either new units or a refund. Hopefully he will see this post and decide to do the right thing before I do.
  2. Google

3. Alister Member

Very interesting!

Please keep us informed with the progress - hopefully you get a satisfactory resolution before anyone else gets burnt by dealing with the seller.
  4. mickymix Member

I know a good and reputable website for a company in Poland which is selling used AUDI and VW parts and I personally DOUBT they are selling STOLEN parts under the light of the sun...

I would prefer saying that when something costs too less than a normal part, a good chance for a reasonable doubt could rise.

We Italians are famous for SPAGHETTI, PIZZA and MAFIA... but while I see the first two everyday, in more than 40 years I think I saw the third one only on TV, like most of you...

A forest growing is less noisy than a single tree falling, but there is a great difference...

Anyway, thank you for the advice, Craig...
  5. craigyb Active Member

Well I have had some progress in this matter now and unfortunately it has not been very a very good outcome. I sent the stolen units back to the seller (Darek70) and 3 months later he returned the same units to me.

In the meantime I have been contacted by the police in the UK regarding the stolen units and I have passed on Darek70's details to them including his real name and address.

Darek Majchrzyk
    Stara 7/17
    25-544 Kielce
    Poland

Audi Germany and Interpol are involved in trying to resolve who stole the units in the first place.

So do not buy anything from Darek70 as he seems to be a con man and a liar. I hope the police do actually do something about him.

I would ask the moderators to make this a sticky so it doesn't get lost in the depths of the forums and people know not to trust Darek70
  6. billeuz2 Member

Thank's for this information.

Pascal, France
  7. a4ss4abt Active Member

In fact I was afraid it was him and unfortunately I was not wrong
    He has been also my supplier so thanks for the information Craig.
  8. Haaggie Forum Supporter

guys, in case you want trusted parts: contact me...
  9. Ponch Member

I've bought off Haaggie before and the price is good and the product clean. I know this is more about who not to buy from, but it's good to know who you can.
    • Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

That's 100% untrue, ALL posts from all members on the subject of whether Naviservice are reputable have been and will be deleted from any thread other than the one created for discussion of the subject.

That is 100% even handed and not at all 1 sided.

End of discussion of the subject in this thread.
    • Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

wm driscoll and mickymix - yes your posts have been deleted from this thread. Why? Because you ignored the instruction that posts about Naviservice in other threads WILL be deleted.

You HAVE been warned.

Share Audi Forum with friends