SW 0260, requests navigation disc?

Discussion in 'Maps & Firmware' started by trademe23, Dec 23, 2009.

1. trademe23 New Member

I upgraded my software from 0200 to 0260 expecting that the disc would also function as a new 08-09 navigation disc. The disc I have updated the software perfectly but doesn't work as the navigation disk. Am I missing something?
  2. Google

• Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

You have a software update disc and not a map disc (or an incorrectly burned map disc).

Put your old map DVD back it - the 0260 SW will remain and you'll be able to use the maps you have.
  3. trademe23 New Member

Dave you're right I have an incorrectly burned map disc. I got a backup disc from someone on the forum and the disc arrived all scratched. (lesson learned) I attempted to duplicate the disc so that it would be on a clean disc. The duplication process seemed to have completed properly. The disc updated the software flawlessly but can't load the maps. Did this happen because of my burn process?
    • Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

Almost certainly. There's a few (long!) threads about DVD burning on here but to summarise the DVD burner used and the firmware version are important as is the burning software used and the state of the ROM bit.
  4. trademe23 New Member

Thanks Dave, I've read through the almost 50 plus pages of posts trying to figure this out! I downloaded DVD Info Pro and it tells me that the booktype on the disc I created is not set to DVD ROM. I'll correct that and try it again.
  5. trademe23 New Member

I successfully duplicated my 2008 backup disc without a Pioneer DVD burner and without Verbatim discs.

DVD burner: HP dvd1260
    Software: DVD Decrypter, 2x speed
    Disc: TDK DVD+R DL 8x 8.5 GB

Share Audi Forum with friends