Stumped trying to convert EU to US RNS-E

Discussion in 'Maps & Firmware' started by av8r, Mar 12, 2011.

• Premium Supporter

AudiA4B6US Super Moderator

The red DIS is known for having issues with the RNS-E and I have not seen anybody with a red DIS who retrofit the 2010+ RNS-E. With the 1st gen RNS-E and red DIS you had to run route guidance off and back on to see the instructions in the DIS. Could very well be that the 2010+ RNS-E doesn't like the red DIS at all anymore.

Also, note that a full reset of the instrument cluster is required after changing the coding before the cluster detects the RNS-E. So let it sit over night or disconnect the battery for a few minutes.
  1. Advertisement

2. vintagespin New Member

I guess a full reset is all it needed! Works exactly as foretold with the glitch - gotta turn the RNS-E off/on again.

Now to figure out how to get my RNS-E out of hybrid mode.
  3. Ag02M5 Member

Bringing up an old thread.

I have the same issue as vintagespin and my versions are similar. I would have pmed him but looks like he isn't around.

I was able to get it converted to read U.S. disks but I cannot get it to a correct software. Forced downgrade with genuine US disk is not working.
    I noticed that the boot version is still a 574 number - not sure if that could be part of the issue.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thx.
  4. vintagespin New Member

I don't hang around these forums too much, but I happened to get an email notification about this thread :)

I am still stuck in hybrid mode. Not sure if I am missing out on any functionality, but I stopped trying to figure out how to get it out of hybrid mode as all the functions I currently need are working. Directions in my red/black DIS, music, maps, TMC info (which is largely useless), etc.

Share Audi Forum with friends