Sportec Replica Front Bumper Group Buy.

Discussion in 'B6 platform' started by DiscoGecko, Aug 10, 2011.

1. modifi3d Member

Any pics of the grilles installed with the hardware showing?

Also, a list of names showing the priority sequence might be good. If you have time to put something like that together. If not, that's cool.
  2. Advertisement

3. turbavanttro Member

^^ x2

A priority list with an estimated ship date would be very helpful.
  4. DiscoGecko Member

Ill see if I got any pics of AudiA4Turbo22's setup on my phone or if the guys that helped with the install have any, I will also get you detailed ones of mine.

As far as a list, I already discussed why until everyone in the group buy pays up its impossible to make that list even close to accurate to many variables, just know we are gonna kick these out as fast as can, once we get them in we got about 3 hours of work each one to finish them up, so as each one comes in we will do what we can do to make it easier for you guys to hang and im sure we will get faster the more we do. We now have my car as a guide as well which will help.
  5. modifi3d Member

Ok. If that's the case. An update whenever a bumper is sent out might be the best way to keep everyone informed, of who has already received theirs. This way there's no confusion and no one is going "I haven't gotten mine yet" or "when is my bumper shipping out".

The list was just to make things easier for you, and to not have everyone asking "where's my bumper"...
  6. DiscoGecko Member

Update got everything worked out as you can see for the guys not using the FMIC, risers work, and clear just fine I have now tested everything and this setup is good to go. We got the square bar and have been cutting it up to make everyone risers, so as the bumpers come in we are ready to do our part, which is drill and set the fogs in place, then trim and make sure the grills are sitting where they need to be, then we will final sand the grills, trim black them, grind and trim the tow hook area to make sure it fits flush. When you guys receive your bumpers all the hardware will be set into place on the grills, if the outer grills look a bit sunk in its because the grills rest on the fog lights like the stock ones so you will need to put in your fog lights then reset the hardware and it will fit flush. There will be hardware to bolt into the fenders and risers to the rebar as well as to the bumper. You guys will have to make the pilot holes for the bumper to the fenders as Ive noticed every car we have hung this to has differences on where the fender sits or is spaced so the best way is to line everything up and drill from inside the wheel wells into the metal on the bumper (you will need a buddy if your hanging this your self, but I will walk you through it in an upcoming how to:) it is a PITA to hang but once its on this is what it looks like....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats a section of the Berlin wall in the backround :)

[​IMG]

Here is some pics of the side skirts, which go great with this bumper obviously, notice I flared my side skirts in the rear to come out in the back by using a spacer underneath so they come out give is a little more aggressive look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is the square bar being cut up and drilled to make the risers.

[​IMG]
  7. Matt Devo Member

looks great! so what's the production schedule/rate? How soon can we expect these to start shipping?
  8. JMill2490 New Member

Disco, I'm paid up for the bumper but still haven't received an invoice for the side skirts. Thanks
  9. orangelmo New Member

^^^ in the same boat. Plus any luck on shipping quotes to Toronto?
  10. modifi3d Member

I am also waiting for the shipping quote to Toronto. Please let us know.
  11. DiscoGecko Member

check your e-mails associated with your paypals guys.
  12. modifi3d Member

Didn't get an email.
  13. DiscoGecko Member

PM me your e-mail address.
  14. modifi3d Member

15. movement360 New Member

Any Update? A list of who's paid and who has received bumpers thus far would be appreciated. Thanks.
  16. porschephd Member

For those of you paid in full and not received your bumper please send me a PM. I am curious to know how many of us are still out there. Also please include when you paid your original deposit. Thanks
  17. Chekm8 New Member

Hi Guys, wanted to give updates and photos. Got my bumper (Thanks Disco) a few weeks ago. Not sure why no1 else has posted. I've been away so I didn't receive/touch my bumper myself--had to send someone to take photos of it but seems pretty good from the photos. Anyway, wanted to share. Thanks!

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      282.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      261.4 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      209.6 KB
      Views:
    • 6.JPG
      6.JPG
      File size:
      163.6 KB
      Views:
    • 8.JPG
      8.JPG
      File size:
      176.9 KB
      Views:
    • 9.JPG
      9.JPG
      File size:
      170.6 KB
      Views:
  18. JMill2490 New Member

Looks great, Chekm8! No one else has been posting because I don't think Disco wants people posting on the thread anymore. Can't wait to get mine though... *looks at watch*

Share Audi Forum with friends