Sportec Replica Front Bumper Group Buy.

Discussion in 'B6 platform' started by DiscoGecko, Aug 10, 2011.

1. DiscoGecko Member

Hi guys as most of you know we have been working on making a replica Sportec front bumper and we have done a lot to make this happen including sourcing someone to make the grills which no one has been able to do until now. We are now at a crossroads, and how we proceed with this venture is up to you guys. I know a lot of you want this bumper and have for a while now and we are prepared to make it happen for you guys if the orders are there. The guy (JC) that was cool enough to let us use his rare Sportec bumper to get this going in the first place will be going to school at the end of the month and will need his bumper back before he leaves. So time is of the essence and we need to get going on this now. Because of the cost of making this bumper / grills we are taking deposits now to move forward with a mold of this bumper and grills. We need at least 8 orders to make this happen, If we don't get 8 orders we will just make a splash of the bumper which will be good for about 5 replicas but no grills and then this project will be done, and 2 of those are already spoken for. If we get 8 orders then we will be able to make a lot of bumpers and offer the grills with them. We are gonna offer this bumper to the people that participate in this group buy for $500 shipped anywhere in the continental USA , we will need $250 down now and $250 when the bumpers are complete and ready to ship (ETA 3 - 4 weeks). If you put the $250 down and we dont get 8 orders we will then give you a choice to get one of the splashes for $250 + shipping (but it wont have grills) or just get a refund in full.

Here are the progress pictures from start to where we are now ready to start the mold.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Advertisement

3. VSingh New Member

so $500 shipped primed ready for paint or painted too? :)
  4. DiscoGecko Member

now you are asking for way too much :) you couldn't touch the original half bumper for that, and it fit terrible. Im offering a great fitting one piece bumper way stronger than the original for way less than the original. And the MSRP after this group buy will reflect that. Not to mention we cleaned up the grills, anyone that owned one of the original sportec bumpers can vouch how crudely they were made.

it is ready for paint but not painted.
  5. DiscoGecko Member

2 sold so far 6 to go! thanks guys...
  6. turbavanttro Member

ok, count me in so that's three. did i miss something, how do we pre-pay?

i should have chimed in earlier, would have loved an option for fog light delete. this setup would probably look even better wth the A8 LED fogs, which I've thought about running with my current "authentic" sportec front.
  7. DiscoGecko Member

8. DiscoGecko Member

ok got about 10 invoices out there and only 6 bumpers available for this group buy, so after the 6 spots fill I will cancel the remaining invoices so its first come first serve guys. Trying to get this done this weekend.
  9. DiscoGecko Member

we got 4 sold, only 4 spots open!
  10. DiscoGecko Member

wow got an other payment now there is 3 spots left!!! :)
  11. DiscoGecko Member

ok down to 2 of these things lets get this thing done....
  12. DiscoGecko Member

Ok now we are down to 1 who wants the last one?
  13. movement360 New Member

Sold! Taken, I responded w/my email. Thanks DG
  14. turbavanttro Member

Can you could give us an idea of the timeline now that we've met the goal?
  15. DiscoGecko Member

I got some pictures today of the progress they got a lot done as far as the mold this week, its hard to give an exact time line on this because they want to pop a part and then fit it again and then make changes to the mold if necessary. So I will upload the pics they got me tomorrow that way you can see the progress. It looks like they are going the extra mile to ensure fitment. Ive never seen so many flanges on a bumper to make sure all the edges are perfect. I think you guys are gonna be happy.
  16. DiscoGecko Member

Ok guys here are the pictures sorry they are cell phone pics but it shows the progress of the bumper and the start of the sportec rep side skirts.

Mold being made on the car:
    [​IMG]

Mold off the car notice all the flanges:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sportec Rep Side Skirts:
    [​IMG]

more pics to come:
  17. Jr Santiago New Member

Looking good, totally forgot about this link that you sent me. I sent you an email asking for progress, but I guess I'll just check back here whenever.

Thanks
  18. DiscoGecko Member

yeah I just seen your E-mail from yesterday but this is where you want to check back for updates.
  19. movement360 New Member

Man, I'm so excited to get this delivered! Diggin the side skirts, could you give some detail on your plans for offering those as well? Will we, as the group buy have first opportunity to purchase? Also, do you have a projected price range for the side skirts? thanks
  20. DiscoGecko Member

yes we will be offering the side skirts soon and the people in the group buy will have first dibs.
  21. DiscoGecko Member

Got a new update, as you can see we are getting close. This is the splash bumper we will now be working on the hardware part where the three bolts on each side attach to the fender, then we will test fit it on a couple cars to ensure fitment. We will then make any changes to the splash and subsequently to the mold if necessary. The grills pictured are the original sportec grills which are kinda crude if you ever held a set in your hand, the guy making the new grills is making them smoother and he is working on that. So it looks like this bumper is gonna come out better than the original did. There is a lot of work going in this to ensure that. Enjoy the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Share Audi Forum with friends