single to double din & climacontrol

Discussion in 'Navigation units' started by simurday, Oct 7, 2009.

1. simurday New Member

I have read a lot of post about single to double din & would like to advise fellow Audi owners

you do not need to change or trim your climate control - you can cut into your console to fit the clima control & keep your ashtray as well
    I have done that on my B6 A4 2002
    \\:D/

the only thing is if you have to pull the climacontrol out you have to put take the console out first (you are not going to do that unless it stops working)

will put some pictures asap
  2. Google

• Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

I have to say I would rather trim the climate control panel in width than cut holes in the centre console.

As you yourself have said - doing it your way you have to remove the centre console to remove the climate control panel, doing it by trimming the climate control panel you don't.

Which is easier? - trimming a few mm off the edges of the climate control panel, or cutting holes in both sides of the centre console with a Dremel or hacksaw or WHY?
  3. MG52 New Member

Hi, I'm about to make the single to double din conversion, and I've been searching these forums and everywhere else for information but I'm a little confused. Is it possible to modify the standard single DIN climate control to fit lower into the double din cage? Or is the double din style climate control absolutely necessary? Is that what this post is talking about or am I missing something?
  4. simurday New Member

Hi MG52 - i actually converted mine keeping my original climate control - pm with your email & i'll send you a picture - no holes you would not even notice the difference
  5. MG52 New Member

pm sent thanks mate

Share Audi Forum with friends