RNS-E Power issue...

Discussion in 'RNS-E' started by Sebat, May 2, 2014.

1. Sebat Member

I have been down this road for awhile now and back in a day I posted here to find a way to fix my issue with battery drain since my RNS-E doesn't turn itself off. Anyways, after a good amount of time of taking out radio fuse out every time I stopped driving my car for the night I got tired of that rotation. So I came to a conclusion that I should install a button to cut the power off to my RNS-E without taking the radio fuse out. I just have no idea how to go about it or what kinda button would I need and if there is some kinda requirement for the amps ? Anyone has an idea of what I will need to do this right ? I will really appreciate all the help.
  2. Google

• Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

The RNS-E not turning off is an indication that there is probably something wrong with the CAN bus connections to the RNS-E - as it uses CAN bus messages to tell it when the ignition has been turned off and the car has been locked.

So instead of adding an unnecessary switch you should sort out the problem with the CAN bus connections. A VCDS scan would be a good place to start.
  3. craigyb Active Member

Could also be a coding issue as if it isn't coded correctly it won't function properly.

Share Audi Forum with friends