RNS-E 2010 (Media with LED) Problems in RS4 B5

Discussion in 'RNS-E' started by s4_driver, Jan 13, 2012.

1. zawa New Member

Dave

Don’t want to sound here like smart a$$ (especially that you are "super" here),
    but I think that it is fundamentally wrong (read rude) that you assume that I don’t have such experience and only because others were not able to do it over years, it is not possible.
    Again, nothing personal. I just don’t brag about it, that is all.
    What do you want as a proof ?

A
  2. Advertisement

• Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

You have yet to prove that you have as much, or more, experience than members such as craigyb. And all those members have attempted many times to code a 2010+ RNS-E for an A6 and never been able too.

The same as used in all scientific tests, it to be verifed as correct by someone else.
  3. zawa New Member

Ok, let's do that....label your sample unit, (label it well so you know you are getting the same one back), send it to me with requested coding and I will send it back to you, the very next day. Coded of course.
    • Premium Supporter

No, you just share here how you did it so that someone else can verify the method is good.

This forum is about sharing knowledge so that other Audi owners can do what you have done and not about you being the only person that can do something.
  4. s4_driver New Member

tell me how to do it and i can prove it.
  5. zawa New Member

Well s4_driver, I have nothing to prove really. I know it works and just posted coding because noticed that false information is provided and wanted to correct it not brag about it. Again if one feels he/she needs coding for c5 I can code unit for them.
  6. s4_driver New Member

7. zawa New Member

I believe that. Why dont you contact me?
    • Premium Supporter

When you find out please share it with the rest of us - if you search you will see that 2 of the most experienced RNS-E people on here (Haaggie and craiygb) have both been unable to make a 2010+ RNS-E accept A6 coding, and that's the basis of my comment that it can't be done

But never say never, and you may have found a way to do it...

If you have that will be absolutely great, but please let all of us know - we're all Audi owners and enthusiasts here.
  8. s4_driver New Member

@zawa

iam from austria and cannot send the rns-e to the us.
    • Premium Supporter

Interesting... Haagie and craiygb will (I suspect) have been trying to make a 2010+ RNS-E running EU firmware accept A6 coding, maybe the reason that zawa has succeeded is that his 2010+ RNS-E is running US firmware?

Just a thought for discussion...
  9. zawa New Member

Guys, please keep in mind that you still need A6 faceplates !

S4_driver sending unit from Austria is not a problem at all.

Dave, never say never sound about right here :)

A
  10. bjarne Member

@s4_driver

Since you are installing the CANGate to fix the clock problem anyhow, why don't you just code the RNS-E for A4. I am not sure what advantage you will have of coding it for A6?
    • Premium Supporter

Proof in the scientific sense only happens when somone else can reproduce the result, and I'm still waiting to see that happen.

I've offered some suggestions that might explain why you appear to have been able to code a 2010+ RNS-E for A6 where 2 proven experts have failed, but that's only a theory which still requires proving. Please bear in mind that you're a newbie on here, so the burden of proof is on you.
  11. Haaggie Forum Supporter

guys, I'm also able to code the PU units for the A6.
  12. craigyb Active Member

I coded my RNS-E PU to A6 coding today, unfortunately it didn't work in my A2 even with a speed signal from the cluster.

Interesting Haggie said teh coding could not be changed afterwards, but I managed to do that as well.
  13. Haaggie Forum Supporter

ok, that's odd. So that basically means that we're able to code the PU units for the A6, though, this doesn't give the right speed signal like with the older RNS-E units, right?
  14. craigyb Active Member

I did as you suggested and downgraded the RNS-E to SW0150, recoded it to A6 and then upgraded to SW0200.

Installed it back into the A2 and reconnected the speed pulse wire from the cluster, no joy, navigation did not work and I had a speed signal error message on the RNS-E.

But I was able to recode the unit back to A4 without having to downgrade to SW0150 again.
  15. s4_driver New Member

After some driving with the a4 coding and testing it works very good

But i have some problems:

- in the fis when i start the car there is always a screen with a W instead of the infos about fuel consumption etc. I think thats the compass?

- I think the rns-e does not turn fullly of as the battery is empty after 3 days.

If i take the key away from ignition the rns-e goes off.

I have a bad radio receiption and 2 error codes in the unit:

2 Fehlercodes gefunden:
    00858 - Verbindung zwischen ZF-Ausgang Radio zum Antennenverstärker
    011 - Unterbrechung
    Umgebungsbedingungen:
    Fehlerstatus: 01101011
    Fehlerpriorität: 5
    Fehlerhäufigkeit: 1
    Verlernzähler: 201
    Zeitangabe: 0
    Datum: 2127.01.03
    Zeit: 09:11:36

Umgebungsbedingungen:
    Kilometerstand: 655350 km
    Anzahl: 301
    Uhrzeit: 09:11

01044 - Steuergerät falsch codiert
    000 - -
    Umgebungsbedingungen:
    Fehlerstatus: 01100000
    Fehlerpriorität: 7
    Fehlerhäufigkeit: 1
    Verlernzähler: 201
    Zeitangabe: 0
    Datum: 2127.01.03
    Zeit: 09:11:16

Does anybody has an idea what i can do to get it fully working?
    • Premium Supporter

Yes that's the compass, you can turn it off by selecting NAV, then SETUP and removing the tick against compass on the RNS-E.

That because you are coded for an A4, on a B5 you must code the RNS-E as an A6 for it to recognise the CAN bus ignition off and car locked messages.

It just looks like it goes off, but actually it's still on - just with a blank screen.

The error code seems to be saying there's a problem with the ZF antenna - have you connected both radio antennas (plus the GPS antenna) to the RNS-E?

Share Audi Forum with friends