RNS-E 2010 193B Speed limit warnings

Discussion in 'RNS-E' started by msullx, Dec 15, 2013.

1. msullx Member

Hello to all,

I need some help, about speed limits on RNS-E.

My RNS-E is a version 193 B, HW02 and SW220. My car is a MY06 Audi A3, 8P.

I activated with VCDS, channel 017 the option to activate Speed Limits in my RNS-E.
    After that, I choose option Speed Limit Over 10 km, that means I should receive a warning when my speed is exceed legal speed plus 10 (I suppose :).
    However, the speed limit in RNS-E appears always with the warning sign, even if the car is stopped!

If I choose option "Speed limt On", I got the same warning sign near the speed sign.

It looks like the RNS-E doesn’t receive the actual car speed.

Could this be a software bug or hardware malfunction in RNS-E?

Thanks
  2. Google

• Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

The answer is in the name of the feature - it displays the actual speed limit - NOT a warning when you go over the speed limit.

That's why it displays all the time even when you are stationary...
  3. msullx Member

Hi PetrolDave,
    Thank you for your reply.
    I thought RNS-E give an warning when we go over speed limit.
    In fact, near to the speed limit, I have always an warning triangle... so, this is OK, right?
    TIA
  4. craigyb Active Member

Can you send a pic, I have never seen this triangle, AFAIK it is road speed indication and nothing else.
  5. msullx Member

This is my current setup for Speed Limits:

WP_20131216_08_50_34_Pro.jpg

And this is what I see:

WP_20131216_08_59_44_Pro.jpg

Do you see the small triangle near to the speed sign?
    The photo was taken with the car stopped ...
  6. msullx Member

Small update:
    I updated my CAN GATEWAY to reference 7N0 907 530 AF and now I don't have no more always the warning sign.
    It looks like my RNS-E knows the correct car speed and only shows the small triangulate if I go over the speed limit.
    Case solved! :)
  7. notorious Member

Many thanks for this information.
    Do you remember what was the part number of the old can gateway which didn't work?
  8. msullx Member

This was my old can gateway: 1K0 907 530 G
    Yes, I like to share information, this is the main goals of this forums, in my opinion :)
  9. notorious Member

Great, thanks! One more question please: According to ETKA the 7N0 907 530 AF was installed in a number of Seat, Skoda and VW cars, but not in any Audi. Any specific reason why you decided to choose this part number for your Audi A3?
  10. msullx Member

As far as I know, 7N0 can gateways are suitable also for Audi cars, in fact, with VCDS you must configure for what car is the can gateway and there is an option for Audi. I looked it Etka online and I see there this reference can be used in Audi A3.
  11. notorious Member

Great, thanks again!
    • Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

Good work msullx - thanks for the updates.
    msullx likes this.

Share Audi Forum with friends