Audi Forum banner

RNS-D "waiting for cd"

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  PetrolDave 
#1 ·
Hello,

My name is Andre and now driving my second Audi A6. First, a good diesel from 1995 and since October 2010 A6 2.4 petrol 1999.

Now, the next .. I drive for about 8000 km of fun in my Audi, but now there are starting a number of "things" to occur ..

First, my speedometer is weird. In cold weather like (up to 5 degrees Celsius) there is no problem but with warmer weather after half hour my speedometer starts stopping at 70km/h. Also the fuel gauge starts dacing from left to right, while the tank is full.

Problems with navigation system.
I haven't used my car for one week and when I started a sort of dos screen on my monitor apeared on my RNS-D unit.

"Waiting for CD-ROM" while the CD-ROM just in it.

The radio just plays well. Only display does not change.

I thought that by disonneting battery the radio should reset but after that the radio is dead and I still have the same display ..

Who knows what to do on these problems? Are they related with each other?

Thanks!

(sorry for the bad English)

André

See less See more
#2 ·
If you are noticing your headlights geting brighter and dimmer they may be related faults - caused by a faulty voltage regulator in the alternator.

If you don't then the speedo and fuel gauge problems sound like the voltage regulator on the circuit board in the instruments is faulty.

The RNS-D problem sounds like something is wrong with the main control board. Try removing the RNS-D from your car and taking into somewhere warm and dry in your house for a couple of days, then fit it back in your car and see what happens.

#3 ·
Hi there,

Finaly I decided to replace my original Navi plus to my former headunit. A JVC with bluetooth, dvd and usb on board.

There's only one issue.. Does the original antenna (with the gps receiver) on the roof need power?

If yes, which wire from which connector is suitable to put power on?

Pls let me know. Thnx in advance.

André

#4 ·
There's only one issue.. Does the original antenna (with the gps receiver) on the roof need power?

If yes, which wire from which connector is suitable to put power on?
Yes it does.

You need an adapter that injects switched 12V onto the antenna lead, and connect that to the Amp enable output of your JVC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.