rns-d convert to us spec

Discussion in 'CD Navigation Plus' started by Christopher Simpson, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Christopher Simpson New Member

I have an rnsd that will not inlock.using the safe code the dealer gave me. Im thinking this is due to the fact that this is a euro model and i need to flash the software/ firmware . Someone on audizine referred me here and said you guys know everything about rnsd/rnse. I hope someone here can help me. Thanks guys
  2. Google

• Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

Moved to correct Forum.
  3. JKid New Member

I had the same problem, but when I was driving I gave it another shot and the radio took the code. But I could not find away to change it from euro to US formatt.
  4. craigyb Active Member

The RNS-D should unlock regardless of the country it is from. Have you got the safe wire attached?
  5. JKid New Member

I gave up on that unit because no one could tell me how to change to US formatt and found another one. Do you know how to change from euro to US?? I used a wire harrness from ebay, plug and play.
    I just snatched the cd changer from my 97 A6 2.8 wagon hoping to hook it up to the rns-d in my 2002 A6 3.0. Is that possible? There is a plug back there but it doesn't match the changer.
    • Premium Supporter

JKid: I've removed your double post in another thread on the CD changer question - please don't double post,once is enough.
  6. JKid New Member

I'm new on this forum trying to get answers.
    • Premium Supporter

I've never heard of a method to change an RNS-D between US and EU (mind you it was 9 years ago that I had an RNS-D).

Try looking at the paper pinout labels on the RNS-D and the head unit the CD changer was attached to - that should help with seeing if they use the same signals, if they do you'll just need a wiring adapter but if they don't then it's not compatible.
  7. JKid New Member

thanks, I got this rns-d without the radio code and was told to go to a dealership and they can get the radio going. Is that true??
    • Premium Supporter

I know that's true of the RNS-E, so it could be true of the RNS-D also.

Share Audi Forum with friends