retrofit PDC+ MY12

Discussion in 'Audi A5 / S5 / RS5' started by Paul H, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Paul H Member

I'm in the middle of retrofitting PDC front in a brand new facelift A5, but i'm encountering a rhe problem that the PDC no longer is being controlled by a separate control module but it's completely integrated in the BCM (J519, for the techs).
    Now the problem is that for now it's not working, the pdc button is working the MMI display is showing front and rear and the sound is working when being adjusted in the settings, the only thing is the sensors itself are not being activated.
    Is there anyone who has any idea, the BCM module is a new 39 byte long module
  2. Advertisement

3. craigyb Active Member

From what understand you may need a new BCM with the PDC option. Audi have done there usual trick of removing any options you don't need from the controller. I came across a new A5 the other day and fitted camera.
  4. Paul H Member

I've checked the part number of the installed unit and it's supposed to have pdc front and rear option (index AH)
    So before i'm changing the unit i'm guessing it's something like adaptation to enable it
  5. craigyb Active Member

In that case you need to work out the long coding settings. Not adaptation.
  6. Paul H Member

already did that i copied the long code of a different vehicle and that didn't work besides the mentioned button tht works.
    I'm thinking of something like 3G BT enabling that is coding and adaptation as well
  7. craigyb Active Member

Did you recode your 5F unit?
  8. Paul H Member

Yes I did and the problem is not the view in MMI, I can adjust the sounds and volume with the MMI, but the front sensors are not being activated if you touch the sensor when it's active you can feel the ultra-sonic fibration of the sensor and this is not happening.
    When I connect the wiring to the rear sensors they work (they use the same sensor ground but separate power) but also no reaction in the BCM.
    There is a different pinout avaiable for cars with radio but this not the case.
    Tested it with the BCM from a different car and the setup works good but this car is not equipped with seat heating and drive select so that unit is not good for this car.

Share Audi Forum with friends