Replacing AMP and speakers on B7 BOSE setup.

Discussion in 'Aftermarket' started by ianken, Feb 12, 2011.

1. ianken New Member

I've been reading. I've been searching. I think I have the info I need but am looking for confirmation. I have a A4/B7 Avant.

Here are my conclusions and questions. Am I on track or lost in the woods?

1- The harness feeding the bose amp/processor/sub in the back provides flat, line level inputs for front and rear channels as well as amp remote. This unit then feeds speaker level signals to the door speakers after that special BOSE processing (being sarcastic here).

2- Question: Is there a cable that will plug into the BOSE harness and expose amp remote and RCA feeds for use with better AMP/speaker setup. I'd prefer to not cut/tap leads.

3- Question: Is there an after market bluetooth solution that integrates like the factory unit and allows for voice access to the phone directly, rather than the limited voice control from the OEM unit? In this case I want to be able to issue commands directly to the phone (Nexus One) such as "navigate to" or "call mom at home," something you just cannot do with the OEM unit.

That's about it. I'm on the fence with whether to keep the OEM rig (or upgrade to the RNS-E) or just rip it all out and go 100% after-market.

-Ian
  2. Google

• Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

1 - correct.

2 - not that I know of.

3 - not that I know of.

Share Audi Forum with friends