Replace tyres and rims

Discussion in 'Audi R8' started by fil2006, Feb 14, 2009.

1. fil2006 Member

Hi all.
    I replaced wheels with snow tyres for r8.Wheels and tyres are oryginal from audi dealer ..Sensors for tyre pressure control system are location in rims and all are ok.I cant carry out initialisation pressure sensors for monitoring system ,no function available in screen monitor .Can i on this option in my screen ?
    Thanks Christof.
  2. Advertisement

3. fil2006 Member

Light for tyre pressure system is still on in dash
    • Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

You need to check what the problem is with the TPMS, then reset and clear the faults - all using VCDS (VAG-COM).
  4. fil2006 Member

faults from sensors ,i asked dealer and he sayd i need carry out initialisation sensors and they use for this function vas .
  5. fil2006 Member

A6 ,A8 ,Q7 has initialisation function in mmi system , in r8 no mmi .
    • Premium Supporter

Which is why I said you have to use VCDS (VAG-COM) and the dealer said it had to be done with VAS!!!

VCDS is a near equivalent to VAS that owners can purchase.
  6. Isn't the TPMS pressure change and winter wheels change done via the Highline computer and DIS - ie, using the rocker buttons on the end of the right steering wheel stalk (or the right buttons on the wheel if you have MFSW)?
  7. fil2006 Member

• Premium Supporter

Certainly on the RS4 the TPMS menu option on the DIS has two choices - one for storing new tyre pressures, and one for wheel changes.

I would have hoped that fil2006 would have found those menu options?
  8. fil2006 Member

yes all done thanks

Share Audi Forum with friends