OEM Rear View Cam in 2011 RNS-E in 2011 A3

Discussion in 'RNS-E' started by NikolasZ, Mar 6, 2011.

1. NikolasZ Member

I have the 2011 A3 with factory fitted RNS-E and Parking System Plus without rear view camera. The Car icon shows in the RNS-E with the parking sensors indication.

Would it be possible to fit the R8 Rear View Camera module into this car and get the rear view with the Steering wheel angle indication?

Would I need to recode the RNS-E to R8-coding?
    What other changes in coding is needed in the RNS-E.
    Any coding changes needed on the existing parking sensor module?
  2. Google

3. NikolasZ Member

No one knows if this is possible?
  4. euroaddict New Member

5. rittmeister New Member

just install and wire the rear camera and the camera module and the steering wheel indication will appear on the RNS-E. no recoding necessary

[​IMG]
  6. jef Member

hello,
    i have the last RNSE on my Audi A3 and i want to instal rear OEM camera but i also want the steering wheel. So i must just instal OEM rear camera kit (camera, handle) , not other item?
    Just insatl the rear camera and the line will appera? No additional modul or coding?

Very sure?

Thanks for your help
  7. danikas Member

can any one give me some feed back on this retro? I am having trouble getting my RNSE to communicate with the R8 MODULE and also cannot code it via vag com(the r8 module)
    thx
    ARI
    • Premium Supporter

AudiA4B6US Super Moderator

This works in CAN based cars (A3/TT/R8) only. k-line based cars (A4 B6/B7, A6 C5) do not support the camera module properly.
  8. danikas Member

Address 6C: Back-up Cam. Labels: 420-910-441.clb
    Part No SW: 420 910 441 HW: 7L6 907 441 C
    Component: J772__Rearview 0040
    Revision: --H13--- Serial number: 525PA8-J31601C
    Coding: 1000612
    Shop #: WSC 98765 666 38384
    VCID: C992DE0CA0F525568C9-809C
    1 Fault Found:
    03006 - Back-up Camera System not calibrated
    000 - -
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 01100000
    Fault Priority: 2
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Reset counter: 231
    Time Indication: 0
    Freeze Frame:
    Invalid
    Invalid
    Invalid

Attached Files:

• Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

Doesn't the dealer need to use some special tool(s) to calibrate the camera?
  9. danikas Member

you can make your own board and in any way the exercise and challenge was to interface the R8 module with the A3 platform as well as any RNS E .It was a easier retrofit that I thought it will be, matter of correct code it.
    I get mine calibrated when I installed it in my ALL ROAD A4 2010 AT no charge .I will do the same with this one ,the Local dealer in Greece is very friendly due to the fact that I help them with knowledge so I can access their workshop as well :)
    • Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

danikas - Sorry I misunderstood your previous post. 1000 apologies :oops:

Share Audi Forum with friends