New TT, couple questions...

Discussion in 'Audi TT Coupe / Roadster' started by bennyc767, Nov 22, 2011.

1. bennyc767 New Member

Hey guys, just picked up a new (to me) TT to replace my old S4 and have some quick questions.

Everybody talks about activating voice commands with vagcom. What does that mean? My BT's voice commands work ifne.

I'm also looking for a faceplate to fit my RNE-E from the S4 into the TT, so if you have a TT faceplate, let me know. Anybody here done the swap? Anything I should look out for?

Finally, I'm looking at getting an exhaust, intake, and ECU upgrade for the car, any recommendations?
  2. Advertisement

• Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

Then most likely a previous owner has enabled them. By default Audi disable voice commands on all roadsters/cabrios.
  3. bennyc767 New Member

Ah... I have a coupe so that's probably why mine works. Thanks Dave!

One more question, when I replace the Symphony stereo with RNS-E are the sat radio, BT, and AMI modules the same? I remember when I upgraded to RNS-E on my B6 I had to upgrade the sat radio reciever and I'm hoping I won't have to do anything like that again...

Also would I need a harness adapter to integrate the RNS-E into the TT along with the above options?
    • Premium Supporter

AFAIK the Symphony II+ doesn't work with AMI - so how have you got AMI?

You won't need to change the sat radio or BT modules - the compatibility problem was only with much older modules than your TT will have.

You won't need any adapters, but if you have Bose you will need to move the Bose pin. If you don't have Bose then it will be plug'n'play - plus recoding with VCDS of course.
  4. bennyc767 New Member

Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology. I thought AMI was OEM Ipod integration. Anyway I was talking about the Ipod dock in the glove box.

Thanks again for the info regarding the adapters. Plug and play for me!
    • Premium Supporter

The iPod interface is a completely different thing to AMI (Audi Music Interface).

The iPod interface "reduces" your iPod to a virtual 6 CD changer and doesn't display track or album information on the radio (some non-Audi ones can displayu some info on the DIS though).

AMI is a "proper" iPod interface - but is only compatible with a 2010+ RNS-E.
  5. bennyc767 New Member

Ah, gotcha. So when I install the RNS-E i won't get track or album information through the Ipod dock?
    • Premium Supporter

Nope.

Share Audi Forum with friends