Nav or no-nav in the RNS-E, how can you tell?

Discussion in 'Lamborghini' started by slowpoke, May 7, 2007.

1. slowpoke New Member

Hey guys,

Excuse me for all the questions, I'm just trying to learn :)

How can you tell if a RNS-E unit is nav-compatible or not?

Thanks!
  2. Google

3. bjarne Member

I don't understand your question. The RNS-E is a navigation unit, so what do mean by nav-compatible?
    • Premium Supporter

AudiA4B6US Super Moderator

There is a Lambo version of the RNS-E that can't do navigation. I would love to get my hands on one of those to see what's possible by loading the right software. Because the hardware seems to be the same, including the blue GPS Fakra connector.
  4. slowpoke New Member

Lamborghini sold theese units without the nav-function, they blocked it out for us in some weird way..

Anyone know the fix??
    • Premium Supporter

If you are interested in some expiriments, send me a PM. I could swap your Lambo main board with an Audi RNS-E main board that includes navigation. Once I get the Lambo main board I could then see how to get the navigation piece enabled so that other Lambo owners may just need to just an special update CD to enable this feature. Replacing the main board is not easy though, requires removing the screen, LCD, backplate and some more.
    • Premium Supporter

5. bjarne Member

No kidding :shock:
    RNS -> Radio Navigation System, and they sell a version without navigation, weird.
  6. slowpoke New Member

How long would this take for you to do? I need to get my Lambo out and running real soon! Swedish summer is on it's way hard!

Thanks!
  7. slowpoke New Member

One word;

L A M B O R G H I N I

:roll:
    • Premium Supporter

As I said, let's talk via email, ideally before you install your RNS-E. My email is in my profile...
  8. slowpoke New Member

Sure..

Anyone else here know the fix for this problem???
    • Premium Supporter

I don't know if there is still much interest in enabling nav on a non-nav Lamborghini RNS-E but there is now a way to do this. If you have a non-nav Lambo RNS-E and want navigation, please email me (no PM) for details. The process takes about 15-30 minutes and does not require to open the RNS-E.
  9. Mr. Timewise Member

I believe Proxus got the RNS-E to run nav in a Lambo

Proxus????
    • Premium Supporter

Re: I believe Proxus got the RNS-E to run nav in a Lambo

Yes, but Proxus' way is to replace the unit with an Audi RNS-E. My method is just "reconfiguring" the original Lambo non-nav unit ;-)
  10. m_later New Member

I tried to PM you but get a notice its disabled. Is there a way I can get the info on enabling nav? Thanks!
  11. Issac Hunt New Member

Send him an email like he asks in the post above!
  12. m_later New Member

Wow, not sure how I missed that. I must have been blind at the time. Thanks for pointing it out! As a newb here, I also appreciate that you did it nicely. Thanks!
  13. Lams New Member

Hi AudiA4B6US, I sent you an email last night regarding these Lambo units. Please let me know if you did not receive it! Many Thanks

?? my post count got reset!
  14. Lambo2007 New Member

Navigation Dvd For Lambo Gallardo 2007

Can somebody please help me out here.:cry:
    I purchased a 2007 Lambo Gallardo Spider. It has no rear camera option, which I really dont care for, however I would love to have the Navigation working. Everytime I press the Navigation button on the under the screen, it says "insert navigation DVD". So I went to my local dealer to get a DVD and he says it will not work and you have to buy the whole software, and it has to come from the factory and it will cost $@#%!!! i had a feeling he was not saying the truth, but I could be wrong.
    So I went in the car and pressed the Nav button again and then the "CAR" button, and I got a screen saying "Version", I accepted that and it gave me the following:
    SW: 0110
    HW: H72
    Map:
    Doest that mean the software is already installed, and all I need is a Navigation DVD? I am in Canada.
    I can understand the dealer said it wont work as he wants to make money from me!!
    Can somebody please help me??
  15. vwgolf New Member

Hello can any body tell me how to activate the Lambo rns-e radio for use of the navigation button.
    I have send a mail to AudiA4B6US but I don't have a answer back.
    Is there somebody on the forum who can tell me that.

Sorry for my bad Englisch

Thanks

Share Audi Forum with friends