MMI 3G Software Update Confusion

Discussion in 'MMI' started by SactoScoot, Jun 21, 2013.

1. SactoScoot New Member

Hi All,
    I have been looking through all the postings for a couple of hours now and I am still very confused about the updates on the MMI 3G and I actually have more questions than answers. Older threads which deal with my current firmware version are out dated, new ones only talk about stuff back to a year ago. No comprehensive update thread for the model line which is up to date and starts in 2010.

Currently running P0110 on a 2010 A6, C6 4F. Since it is 2013, should have not the dealer updated it by now at service intervals from P0110 to something newer?

a) Can I do this on my own or do I have to have it done by the dealer due to the online activation requirements? Where would one get the software CDs, or SD cards, since I got no idea what the part numbers are, or what intermediate steps I have to take, like you can go to 2.2 and than 3.8, to get to the latest firmware?

b) If the dealer does this, is it part of normal service and I just have to push for it, my 45k is coming up, or do I have to pay for it (not a map update, just the firmware of the MMI and maybe the AMI)

c) Anyone have a link to a consolidated list of MMI 3G firmware descriptions with the fixes and feature updates they provide, like with normal PC software rev updates from HP, Dell, Intel, etc.?

Rant of the day:

I understand that the "new" MMI 3G can do A2DP, iPod video and graphics with the new red grommet cable, HD Radio, Google maps, etc. Should it not be called 4G MMI than, since my 3G Navigation Plus HDD cannot be just updated via software to have these features, but requires a complete tear out of the brains from the glove box?

Thank you in advance
  2. Google

3. 4F-Devil Member

You need a new MMI Unit for MMI 3GP - the old MMI 3G Unit doesnt work with Software from MMI 3GP.

Share Audi Forum with friends