Is there anyone left that helps with Lamborghini NAVs?

Discussion in 'Lamborghini' started by AudiRS4ever, Dec 17, 2010.

1. AudiRS4ever New Member

I just read through almost all of the posts here and see that PROXUS and NSXjr are not around much anymore to help out and/or do the installs. In NSXjr's case he is just tired of dealing with all of it from what I read on his site. And it seems that maybe PROXUS feels the same way. Probably just old technology now and they've moved on to bigger and better things.
    Anyway, I'm one of the ones who will want to change my normal Symphony radio out of the Gallardo and put an RNS-e in, but even reading all of the posts I would like to make sure I have everything and have the NAV unit coded for my car. Just wondering if anyone is out there with a great reputation like the 2 mentioned above, or someone who Petrol Dave would recommend. Thanks!
  2. Google

• Premium Supporter

AudiA4B6US Super Moderator

What parts do you already have? The upgrade is pretty much like any other Audi upgrade. The Gallardo is like an A3 8P or TT 8J though, so it has diagnostics via CAN, not K-Line. But you still need the Symphony II (ISO) to RNS-E (FAKRA) adapter and the antenna adapter and an RNS-E that fits the Gallardo.
    • Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

Don't look at me to recommend anyone in the US - I'm the other side of "the pond".
  3. AudiRS4ever New Member

I have a B7 S4 RNS-e, but I don't have the wiring adapter harness. I was hoping it was a plug and play that I could find an adapter to use with my VAG/COM to set all of the adaptations. If the B7 one won't fit I will probably go to Pioneer and get one their units. They look very close to factory and have many more features. Do you know if the only RNS-e the Gallardo will take is the A3?
  4. AudiRS4ever New Member

You may be on the other side of the pond, but I've found your knowledge to be priceless. Thanks Dave!
    • Premium Supporter

AudiA4B6US Super Moderator

You need a Gallardo RNS-E, any Audi RNS-E will not fit without modifying the faceplate (trimming down the edges). Electricall any RNS-E will work once properly coded, so you could use your B7 RNS-E, trim the faceplate, get the proper wiring adapters and install it.

Share Audi Forum with friends