I have Gallardo RNS-E faceplate. WTT for b7 A4 RNS-E faceplate.

Discussion in 'Lamborghini' started by debussy, Jul 17, 2012.

1. debussy New Member

I have Gallardo RNS-E faceplate. WTT for b7 A4 RNS-E faceplate.

I had the opportunity to acquire a RNS-E Unit (8E0 035 192 J) off a Gallardo.

Unfortunately the faceplate doesn't fit perfect in my b7 a4. Looking to swap with someone interested. I know there are a lot more RNS-E's for Audi's than for Lambo's. I'm located in SoCal.
  2. Google

• Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

If the part number begins 8E0 then it was originally an A4 unit, so it's faceplate must have been swapped to a Lamborghini one by/for the seller.
  3. debussy New Member

ahh, that explains the audi logo on the actual unit. guess i'm returning it to its original state.

will update this post with photo as soon as it uploads from my iphone.

petroldave: sorry to go off topic but do you know how to identify if the rns-e unit was originally bose or non-bose?
    i've been google/forum searching for hours and ended up here w. a new account :)
  4. debussy New Member

edit: here's a better picture of the faceplate

RNS-E_FACE.jpg
    • Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

It doesn't matter - ALL RNS-E units can be coded for Bose or non-Bose.

See http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_Radio/Navigation_System_(RNS-E)

For Bose: you set the "Sound Characteristic" to 9 in the coding, and set adaptation channel 8 to 255.

For non-Bose: you set the "Sound Characteristic" to match the "Vehicle Type" in the coding, and set adaptation channel 8 to 0.
  5. debussy New Member

thank you very much!
  6. dcarroll95 New Member

You are in luck! I have a 2004 Gallardo and I want this radio. I am about to buy an A3 nav unit off ebay in the $489 to $499 range + shipping. I could buy the A3 unit and swap faceplates (PITA) or I could buy your unit and you could buy one that fits your car, or let me know another alternative. Look on ebay for "Audi navigation OEM" and you'll find a bunch in nice condition. Give me an email reply and I'll share my phone# with you.

It's possible to swap the units, and here's a link with pictures of the process. The issue I have with swapping faceplates is that there's a flex circuit involved and there's always a chance of breakign the little plastic clips which happened the first time I ever worked with those flex circuits.

http://www.lamboweb.com/Repairs_Section/Gallardo_Repairs_Audi_Nav_System_Face_Plate.htm

Thanks!
    Dan
  7. debussy New Member

dan sent you a p.m. let me know if you're still interested. i still have the rns-e sitting in my room. and fyi: i'm looking for a b7 a4 face plate (not an a3 one)

Share Audi Forum with friends