How to eject nav DVD?

Discussion in 'MMI' started by pabloalto, Nov 6, 2006.

1. pabloalto New Member

I'm having problems with ejecting navigation DVD from new Audi A6 Quattro Coupe 3.0 TDI (with approx. 1,6 GB single layer DVD navigation disc, not the RNS-E retail navigation box). I've been told that Audi locks the DVD drives because of the transportation, where discs were getting lost on their way from factory to resellers. My drive is still being locked, meaning there is DVD inside and everything works nice, but I can't get it out and therefore I can't make a backup copy. If someone knows any cheat how to unlock this, I'd be grateful. Thanx!
  2. Google

3. rdormer New Member

Hi, I also am unable to eject the DVD in my A8.
    Any assistance would be appreciated, save a visit to Audi.
    Thanks,
    RD
    • Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

On the RNS-E the DVD eject button is locked by a configuration setting when the car is shipped from the factory to prevent the DVD being stolen. The dealer is supposed to unlock the eject button before delivering the car to the customer - but not all dealers are doing this.

Maybe the same thing is being done on the MMI system?
  4. audi4man New Member

Well if the eject button doesn't eject DVD I would go straight to the dealer and have them remove the disk
    • Premium Supporter

Better would be to to get the dealer to disable the lock, so you can remove it any time you want to!
  5. pabloalto New Member

it worked

i had my car dealer unlocked the unit. he said it's made for vehicle transport only, as they were loosing discs from vehicles during transports. so, now it's perfectly working :)
  6. Has anyone found a work-around for this yet (apart from going back to the stealers - in my case, a 260 mile round trip)?

Is there something in VAG-COM to disable the lock?
    • Premium Supporter

AudiA4B6US Super Moderator

Set #56 channel 67 to 0. if it's set to 255 then the eject button is disabled.
  7. craigyb Active Member

Is that relative to the MMI system?
    • Premium Supporter

AudiA4B6US Super Moderator

Oops, wrong forum, I should pay more attention.
  8. Paul H Member

change channel 67 from 255 or 1 to 0
  9. craigyb Active Member

Paul

Is this for the RNS-E or MMI systems?, we know it works for RNS-E, but waht we are trying to find out is the unlock for the A6/A8/Q7 MMI DVD drive

10. Paul H Member

channel 67

I'll get back to you tomorrow I will print it out so then i let you know for sure
  11. TDiAvant Member

Did we ever get a solution to this problem on the MMI based cars.
  12. TDiAvant Member

I found a temporary solution go to adaptation channel 67, enter 1 and select test, this will eject the disk, and allow you to insert a new disk. But the eject button still stays locked.
  13. craigyb Active Member

Set Channel 68 to 0 for the NAV unit (37), that activates the eject button.
  14. TDiAvant Member

Channel 68 was 0 but no luck. Had the car in the dealers today and they unlocked it.
  15. Paul H Member

ch 68 is for MMI High
    rnse is a different channel
    • Premium Supporter

This IS the MMI forum - so these guys are talking about MMI High and NOT the RNS-E.
  16. craigyb Active Member

Maybe you should have waited a few mins for the MMI to reset or even forced a reset with the new value.

I haven't tested this, I just stole it form the ROSS TECH wiki

Share Audi Forum with friends