FM radio has gone bad..

Discussion in 'RNS-E' started by rbrtmanns, May 2, 2013.

1. rbrtmanns Member

Hello,
    I have a 2005 Audi A4 with the RNS-E navigation unit. Up until recently, AM and FM were perfect. But the other day my FM radio went bad. I can only get one radio station. I'm not sure what the issue could be, there are no faults with the vagcom tool. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Robert
  2. Google

3. craigyb Active Member

Avant? Saloon? cabriolet? there more information you supply the better the help can be.
  4. Vagnavs Member

sorry 2005 Audi A4 avant
    regards
  5. craigyb Active Member

OK, first of all then you need to prove it's not the RNS-E that's faulty, do you have your old radio that you upgraded to RNS-E to test with? or another RNS-E, once that has been eliminated you can move onto the antenna system itself. Chances are it is the antenna system but always good to test the radio to save a lot of wasted time.

The A4 avant has the main antenna amplifier on the left side of the trunk behind the side trim, I would look at that first of all, check it has power and is not water damaged. It is fed from 3 antenna wires, left rear window Am/FM1, rear window FM2 and right rear window FM3, as you have lost all FM then I would guess it's the amplifier module. So maybe replace that first.

Share Audi Forum with friends