Dietz 1417 wiring help

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by chasdrury, Jun 16, 2014.

1. chasdrury Member

Hi

I need some help with my Dietz 1417 - from someone who is running one. My RNS e was stolen and the pins pulled out of hte 32 pin grey connector on the back of the RNSe. I don't know where the wires coming out of the 1417 goto - anyone who can give me the pin outs of the block from the 1417 to the pin numbers on the 32 pin would be a lifesaver.

Dietz say they don't hold hte information anymore!

Thanks
    Chas
  2. Google

3. Mark Barham New Member

hi did you ever find this i have the same issue and need the diagram
    • Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

4. Mark Barham New Member

thanks for that, i need the pin layout for the 32 pin connector i have a new connector but not sure what goes were, even a pic would help
    • Premium Supporter

The pin layout of the 32-pin connector will be on the paper label on your RNS-E.
    • Premium Supporter

AudiA4B6US Super Moderator

Dave, chasdrury is looking for the wire colors on the Dietz to connect a new 32pin connector to the correct pins because his Dietz lost its 32pin connector when the thief ripped the RNS-E out in a hurry. I would help if I would still have one but I don't.

chasdrury, there is not much traffic here anymore and you might get faster help on AudiWorld, AudiZine or QuattroWorld in the A3 8P, A4 B6/B7 or A6 C5 forums, someone there might still have one sitting arround.
    • Premium Supporter

I don't have one either, and my experience is that relying on wire colours can sometimes end in tears as manufacturers often change them.

Share Audi Forum with friends