Buying a 2003 A4 Quattro!!!!

Discussion in 'B6 platform' started by JT2, Aug 8, 2012.

1. JT2 New Member

What's up guys I'm new to this Audi forum and looking to purchase a 5 speed A4 Quattro with an RS4 body kit. The car looks great, and runs great but the owner says he replaced the dash cluster because the lcd screen went out on him (I hear it is a common problem). Only thing is he tells me his new cluster was about 50,000 more than what is actually on the car. He says the actual mileage is 102,000 when it actually reads 152,000. Is this possible or is he jerking me? I feel like the mileage would be stored in the computer not the dash cluster. Any input or wisdom is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
  2. Advertisement

• Premium Supporter

AudiA4B6US Super Moderator

The milage is stored in the cluster and if he installed a used cluster then the car may have less miles than the cluster shows. Audi dealers need to document a cluster swap if the milage is not reset to the original milage. In either case he should be able to provide receipts for oil changes or other maintenance that support his claim. If he doesn't have anythign I woudl suppose the cluster shows the actual milage.
  3. RomaAudi New Member

Share Audi Forum with friends