Bass Issues

Discussion in 'Audi A8 / S8' started by KBG1978, Nov 14, 2010.

1. KBG1978 New Member

Longtime reader first time poster.

The bass in my 2002 A8L (Bose symphony II stereo) is M.I.A.. There is absolutely no bass coming from the rears and whatever is coming from the fronts is weak (if there at all). Is there a known fuse issue that would kill just the sub? I opened up the panel beneath the rear right speaker which revealed nothing of use... if thats where the sub is it didnt seem accessible in any way. Any help/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Anyone have a similar experience?

If this issue has been addressed in a previous post I apologize - I really did look.
  2. Advertisement

3. KBG1978 New Member

Could someone recommend a forum that might be able to address this issue? I've been looking without any success.
  4. neo_andersson Member

Use VAG-COM cable and try to read the errors recorded in the sound system. This will clarify the issue for you.

I am not aware of any "fuse" related bass issue. The only fuse you have in the system is the one on sound system power, but if that one was blown you will have no sound at all.

In A8L (2002) the bass speakers are passive and does not require power (12volts).
  5. KBG1978 New Member

Thank You

Much appreciated. I am ordering a vag com now, will report back.
  6. tozoM8 New Member

Share Audi Forum with friends