B7 2008 A4 TPMS Wheel Change Procedure

Discussion in 'B7 platform' started by chris2008A4, Nov 19, 2014.

1. chris2008A4 New Member

I was hoping someone could please assist with noting the exact procedure for resetting the TPMS system after a tire change? (B7 2008 A4 Sedan)

I had my tires changed and my TPMS sensors supposedly reconditioned by Town Fair Tire, which I assume just means reinstalled.

My TPMS dash light when on shortly after the install (10-20miles). I made a special trip to take it back and I believe that all they did was try the reset procedure again and rushed me out the door.

I have read some TSBs about troubleshooting and realize there is an aspect where need to drive 25 mph for a certain amount but did not find the procedure documented.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Advertisement

• Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

IIRC you turn the ignition on, then scroll to the menu and select wheel change - and that's it.

That's all I had to do when I last had new tyres fitted.
  3. chris2008A4 New Member

Thanks Dave, I believe you've helped me in the past. I think that ideally the reset process should work that way.

If anybody has additional troubleshooting or resetting tactics, it would be greatly appreciated.

I do realize my TPMS sensor may be close to the battery end of life, but this all happened within miles of changing the tires.

Share Audi Forum with friends