Aux-in issue RNS-E

Discussion in 'RNS-E' started by Akin Soyleyen, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Akin Soyleyen New Member

Hi everyone,

Trying to solve an issue;

The first day i bought my car , i replaced the "Audi Concert" to RNS-E (2nd Gen) , but from day 1 the Aux - in is not working.

On menu i can see Aux in , although it wont deliver any sound whatsoever..
    I checked the wire diagram of Concert and RNS-E , they seem to be identical so i thought it should work properly unless there is a damage on the aux cable. But since it was originally there , i dont think this is the case.

Should i activate anything on VAGCOM? Because i see no point in this as i already have aux option in Source menu

Should i manually wire anything to make it work?
  2. Advertisement

• Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

Do you have the Aux In socket, either on the dash or centre console?

It's almost certainly not a coding issue as the option appears, so it's a wiring problem. Which isn't surprising as the Aux In connections are in a completely different place on the RNS-E compared to the Concert - on the RNS-E they are on the 32-pin multimedia connector and NOT on the Quadlock, so you need to move the wires.

The label on top of the RNS-E tells you the pins, if you look at the label on the Concert (assuming you still have it) that will tell you the Aux In pins where the wires are (incorrectly) going to.

Edit: On the Concert II+ the Aux In connections are Left B1, Right B7, common B3.
  3. Akin Soyleyen New Member

Hi dave thank you for the reply

I thought they were identical. If this is the case then it should be pretty simple. I should just remove the aux cable from the 32 pin connector and adapt ot to rns e sockets.

Thank you so much for this. I will give it a go and will give u feedback

Again thank you
    • Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

You've misunderstood - the Aux In cable will be going to the Quadlock (that's where the connections are on the Concert II+) so you need to move it to the 32-pin connector (which unless you have a TV tuner won't have anything plugged into it, so you'll also need to buy the plug).

Share Audi Forum with friends