Text Map Technology World Electronics
Map Electronics Gps navigation device Automotive navigation system Ecoregion
Map Ecoregion World Rock
Text Font Games Technology Auto part
Text Map Technology World Electronics

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi Kris,
Is this really for MMI 3G and 3G+, or just 3G+ ??? ...... i.e is this 2011 release available for both MMI 3G DVD and MMI 3G HDD?
I have an Audi A6 with 7T2 Nav (3G low) UK spec and would love to get the Nav working in New Zealand but haven't managed to find any disc. If the 2011 release you posted above is for DVD based 3G too (or could be made to be so), would you be kind enough to let me know what's involved in getting my system working? (do I need to re-region the drive? do I require activation codes / license codes from Audi?) If it's not for my system, do I have any options left to get things working?
- Best, Vaughn.

#6 ·
Hi Kris,
Thanks for your reply.
I spoke to Audi in New Zealand and they say there is no DVD for 3G basic Nav produced for NZ/AU.
Apparently the 7T2 DVD drive was never sold in NZ or AU either.
Is it possible to make a backup of the 3G+ maps from the HIGH unit to SD card and put the SD card in a 3G BASIC/LOW unit? or will that not work because of license coding on the newer systems?
If not and I really want Nav to work when I go to NZ, I guess I should upgrade my 3G basic to 3G+ (HDD) while I'm still in the UK? Is it correct that your company can then re-region the drive and load the maps for NZ if I send you the head unit? What would be the cost for the re-regioning and maps, and how long does it take for you to send the drive back to me?
- Best, Vaughn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.