any one knows the part number of the tail light for 8N TT?

Discussion in 'Audi TT Coupe / Roadster' started by Vincent Costales, May 21, 2012.

1. Vincent Costales New Member

Guys,

I broke the right-side tail light of my 2002 TT. The bulbs are all functioning but the exterior cover was cracked. Is it possible to just buy the tail light (right-side) body or do I need to purchase the whole set? If so, what is the part number? thanks...

Vincent
  2. Advertisement

3. mike3141 Member

You should be able to buy the assembly that's broken. Go to someone who does service and they should be able to quote you a price for the part.
  4. Vincent Costales New Member

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion. Actually, since doing tail light is an easy fix, Im thinking of buying OE part over the web and DIY. However, third-party website usually sells a full unit (left or right). My local dealership is like shark. They would charge me for consulatation and the price for the parts automatically includes labour fee even if i dont do the service. So if a part cost $200, I would probably end up paying $400. :-( But if I dont have much choice, the dealership will be my last resort.

Thanks again, cheers!

Vincent
  5. mike3141 Member

I wouldn't do business with someone who won't sell you a part without jacking the price up to include installation labor. Perhaps you should find an independent shop and see if they can obtain the part for you.

Share Audi Forum with friends