Aftermarket Navi

Discussion in 'Aftermarket' started by colefrommaple, Apr 12, 2011.

1. colefrommaple New Member

I trolled thru past posts and couldn't find a response to this question and apologize if this question gets retreated from time to time.

I am looking to replace my Smyphony unit with an aftermarket Navi unit. I've seen some brand names as well as the off-shore units. I cur rent own an A4 08 and am looking for recommendations that intergrate nicely. Ideally the steering controls work, information appears in the DIS and the unit uses the Sharkfin for the GPS. I want to avoid it looking like, well something that is an aftermarket.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Google

• Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

That exculdes ALL aftermarket units, and leaves you with a choice of only Audi OE units.
  3. craigyb Active Member

Well there are now some double DIN A4 size units that do use canbus signals for steering wheel control, but none that put information into the DIS, apparently Audi will not let them do that, even though other companies do send info to the DIS for there aftermarket products.

As for using the sharksfin GPS, I don't think they can power the factory sharksfin, I may be wrong, but pretty sure.
  4. colefrommaple New Member

Thanks very much for the feedback. What you recommend? My issue with OE is value for the dollar. They seem to be lacking in features and yet command a very high multiplier. I guess I should just suck it up and go with an RNS. I'd really appreciate your POV.

Thanks again.
  5. craigyb Active Member

I can't recommend any as I've never installed or used one.
  6. colefrommaple New Member

Gents again thanks... I think I will have to hunt for an Audi HU.

Sometimes, you pay for what you get.
  7. ianken New Member

You can get the RNS-E for around $1K US. Installation is a snap. The hardest part is pulling the damn GPS cable. Google "vagnavs."
  8. jsteele3200 New Member

Dynavin? - haven't used - but looking to do the same thing.....

Share Audi Forum with friends