A7 Prestige in California - Front License plate or not?

Discussion in 'Audi A7' started by Rob Foley, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Rob Foley New Member

Hi,
    Just wondering if there are any fellow California residents out there who have bought (or are planning to buy) an A7? I am about to put an order in for an A7 Prestige, Quartz Metallic, Nougat Int.. drool...
    Anyways - I am torn between whether to get a front license plate holder or not. See the thing is its the law in CA, but I see plenty of cars in SF where I live without them. You may have seen the with and without front license plate pictures - but having one really detracts from the look of the car, especially on a Prestige. Such a silly law anyhow, given that plenty of other states do not require them.

I know the fine is just $10 and a fix it ticket, but maybe i could get away with just tacking it on temporarily without replacing the grill with the one that holds the plate.

Anyone have any thoughts?
  2. Advertisement

3. Digital Puppy New Member

Rob-
    We just took delivery on a '13 A7 that we ordered a couple of months back and the dealer put the front bracket on even though I didn't order it. I'm now wondering how easy it will be to remove it. I don't exactly want to see the bracket holes either, so I might be out of luck.

(We got the same color as you, btw, with Innovative/B&O/3-seat belts...you are going to love it!!)

Share Audi Forum with friends