A6 C5 instrument cluster with colour DIS?

Discussion in 'RNS-E' started by notorious, Apr 16, 2012.

1. notorious Member

Hello,

Q1: Is there an A6 C5 instrument cluster with colour DIS or are they all red?

Q2: If all A6 C5 clusters are red, I understand there is no model of A6 car with RNS-E and colour DIS since A6 C6 is MMI. Could you guys please confirm?

Q3: What is the 'oldest' model of Audi car with colour DIS and RNS-E? I think it is A4 B6 or A4 B7, but I'm not sure.

Many thanks.
  2. Advertisement

• Premium Supporter

AudiA4B6US Super Moderator

Q1: No, they are all red
    Q2: 2002+ C5 clusters with red DIS work fine with the RNS-E, before that there might be some issues with entering the PIN
    Q3: 2001 A4 B6 was the first with color DIS, 2005 A4 B6 was the oldest with RNS-E factory installed.
  3. notorious Member

Thank you very much.

One more question. I looked at this A4 B6 cluster on eBay and it seems the display is still red.

Does is mean audi manufactured A4 B6 clusters in two variants: red and colour?
  4. notorious Member

...the reason why I'm asking is because we need to build a bench setup of RNS-E and Audi color DIS cluster from the oldest available Audi model, which I understand is 2005 A4 B6. We would like to study graphics protocol between RNS-E and colour DIS cluster.
    • Premium Supporter

The B6 had both, red and color, DIS. However, the oldest color DIS should be from 2001, maybe 2002, that's when the first B6 with BNS navi and color DIS was manufactured.
  5. notorious Member

Thanks again.

Did the B6 color DIS change in any way with introduction of 2005 cars with RNS-E? I.e. increased DIS resolution?
    • Premium Supporter

No, visually the same.
  6. notorious Member

7. mbagge01 New Member

Has anyone come across this company in Russia that had been designing color MFA upgrades for various audi's. They are selling them for 200 dollars for the A6 C5 models. Does anyone on the forum happen to have good soldering skills, which is required to install the module that they sell. I am interested by not sure I could do all the soldering and there is the challenge of translating everything from Russian.

https://www.drive2.ru/o/b/2998051/

https://www.drive2.com/l/10361228/
  8. stratocu510 New Member

I purchased one of the color MFAs from the guy in Russia. I'll let you know what it looks like when it arrives.

Share Audi Forum with friends