A6 3.0 TDI BMK blue smoke on first start

Discussion in 'C6 platform' started by skyfan, Feb 8, 2015.

1. skyfan Member

Hi guys,
    Recently my audi started to have blue smoke on first start in the morning. It's only for few seconds while RPM got stable and then it is gone. During the day no such symptoms or anything like that. Car drives and runs well. Car was serviced few months ago and probably 2000 km with the oil driven. Now the question is - could it be from overfilled oil, wrong oil, EGR, Turbo or injectors? I checked injectors values and they are all fine mainly between -10 and -20. Only on third cylinder is -34 on the first column which is for the idle value. Any help is appreciated. Car is on original 165km, year 2005.

Thanks
  2. Advertisement

• Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

Or just too much fuel injected during a cold winter start?
  3. skyfan Member

Problem solved. First thing i was about to change engine plugs. However on the next morning when i started the engine there was no blue smoke whatsoever. Plugs did not report any problem. Just wanted to eliminate them as an issue. Finally i went to audi dealer and noticed that oil was overfilled and the fact that car wasn't driven from more than 2 weeks make me thinks it could be from that. So drained some oil and left it like this. On the next day went to test and there was no blue smoke, but rather a bit of black smoke. Audi service told me that this blue smoke is most probably from injectors as one on third cylinder was on -34. However these values changes during the year and when i took the car they were at -15 average on all injectors, then they become at 0, after that -25 and now are -15 -20 most of them.

Share Audi Forum with friends