A3 RNS-E - New DVD Map doesn't work

Discussion in 'RNS-E' started by FourCircle, May 21, 2013.

1. FourCircle New Member

Hi,

Two years ago, I did the retrofit of the navigation system RNS-E (Buy it on eBay) on my 2012 Audi A3. My system wirk perfectly.

I just find a copy of the new DVD maps, but it doesn't work. My RNS-E system doesn't want to load it: "Please Insert Navigation Device" (in French). I assume that this is an Audi anti-piracy system need to crack it OR it's the wrong version of the Map DVD for my RNS-E system ??? They have a crack or Vag-Com need it ? Or the Firmware??????

My current DVD (version.txt) is:
    COMMENT = High;
    DISC = 8P0919884BD;
    MAP = BD_NAR;

My new map DVD (version.txt) is:
    COMMENT=High;
    DISC=8P0919884BJ;
    MAP=BJ_NAR;

System:
    2012 Audi A3 S-Line 2.0 TDI
    RNS-E - 8P0 035 193 (HD Screen)

Anyone can help me ?

*** I don't sell or distributes the DVD copy. I am sorry for those who seek copy. ***

FourCircle
  2. Google

• Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

We've been advising caution when using or buying copied maps for 7+ years.

The error you are seeing is because the copy has not been correctly done, there are several "tricks" that need to be done to copy the EU maps - clearly whoever made this copy didn't follow them all and you have been ripped off.
  3. FourCircle New Member

The person has repaid me. He does not know why it does not work. Where he can find a DIY how to make a good copy ?
    • Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

Over the years there have been various threads on here about how to copy the EU map DVD.

I don't keep track of them - the only 2 times I have used a copied DVD I have had problems of not being able to read them at temperature extremes, so I bought a genuine DVD and binned the copies.

Share Audi Forum with friends