A3 8P Retrofit Camera Placement Help

Discussion in 'Navigation units' started by s2nrbald, Feb 16, 2010.

1. s2nrbald New Member

I have an Audi A3 8p here in Germany. I have installed a Kenwood DNX5240BT navigation unit and want to install the corresponding Kenwood camera, CCD-2000. Does anyone have experience on placement of this camera? I am assuming it will go somewhere in the license plate area. I have seen some results on the larger Audi's, but nothing yet on A3. I would love some pictures if possible.
  2. Google

3. danish_a3 Member

If you use the orginal Q7, RS6 camera it fits perfectly just above the license plate - you will need a special "license plate light holder"
  4. s2nrbald New Member

And the license plate light holder will be the same size regardless of US or EU plates?
    • Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

AFAIK yes it's the same.
  5. s2nrbald New Member

One last dumb question. Looking at the Audi door handle in the FIY (4L0 827 574 3F2 - Door handle), does this door handle work just like the one I have (2009 8P). The reason I say that is that I expect some type of cable to be coming from the door handle as the door handle seems to electronically respond to my open request (when my hand is inside). And I do not see any wire. I hope this makes sense.
    • Premium Supporter

The handle has a mechanical connection to the lock, and the switch is in the lock.
  6. s2nrbald New Member

But it feels as if the handle is similiar to a touch pad (and not a mechanical grasp). Just inserting my hand seems to issue the door open signal.
    • Premium Supporter

There's no point me answering if you're not willing to listen...
  7. vsantos69 Member

Share Audi Forum with friends