2013 US A3 TDI with options, and two issues (Pictures of the car included!)

Discussion in '8P platform' started by Vmoose, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Vmoose New Member

Good morning!

I picked up a 2013 A3 TDI with navigation and I am having two issues. First a picture to make it worth your while...

[​IMG]

The navigation seems to be very good with one issue, it is constantly 600-1000 feet off from my actual location.

1) Does anyone know where the location of the GPS antenna is or how to fully reset the system to see if it fixes it?

2) Is it possible to eject the navigation DVD or has the dealer or Audi disabled the eject button?

Thanks for your time, here are some more pictures for stopping by. :)

[​IMG]

Interior picture my salesman took for me.
    [​IMG]
  2. Advertisement

• Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

1) The GPS antenna is in the sharkfin on the roof. It normally takes 500 miles or so to correctly calibrate the wheel sensors, so don't worry if your GPS position is a bit out until then as if the GPS and the backup dead reckoning mismatch then your position won't be shown correctly.

2) The dealer is supposed to unlock the DVD eject button as part of the PDI, go back and tell them to sort it (it only takes seconds to do with their VAS or with VCDS).
  3. Vmoose New Member

Great thanks for the quick reply PetrolDave.

I've got about 900 miles on it now, so I'm thinking either a hard reset of the system would help, or a quick trip to the dealer to fix the two above issues.
  4. Vmoose New Member

1) The dealer had to adjust the car's computer to reflect the proper wheel size. Everything seems to be working perfectly now.

2) The same dealer unlocked the DVD eject for me.

Very happy with the A3!

Share Audi Forum with friends