Audi Forum banner

2013 B8.5 climate control retrofit?

8K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Gionata 
#1 ·
I've just successfully completed a 2G MMI (NAV) to 3G plus (google earth etc.) retrofit in my 09 Avant. While I was doing the project I figured I would also attempt a retrofit of the 2013 climate control module. I have the component protection lifted from the module and I copied the coding and adaptation map from a 2013 S5 that has similar HVAC features to myself. Unfortunately, I'm still having some problems with fan speed control. Does anyone have any coding information for module "08"? Has anyone attempted this type of retrofit that can share some secrets of coding that I might have forgotten or overlooked.

BTW, his S5 is "8K1-820-043-N" and my unit is "8K1 820 043 AJ".
My original 09 Avant has dual zone climate w/ "simple" rear seat controls, heated seats.
Canadian spec.
Current coding on 08 module is "6602228000"

Thanks

#3 ·
Hi cory_can,

I have also an audi a4 8k but 2008 with 2g MMI - HIGH. I had a base climate control and I retrofitted the comfort climate with different temperatures for each side and back side. First of all I wanted to install, as you, the new control module of the 2013 but I noticed it's different from ours.
It semmes very similar, but the differents are in the wires. For example:
- umidity sensor is connected to our comfort (j393),
- A/C compressor is connected to our J519.
In the new a4 facelift 2013 umidity sensor and A/C compressor are connected directly to climate control.
I think your problem isn't the coding.

I also remembered, about 3 months ago, I upgrade my j519 with the last software of the 2013 and my climate doesn't work with cooling features but only with ventilation!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.