2012 RNSE with Kufatec RVC not compatible?

Discussion in 'RNS-E' started by sugaryling, Aug 14, 2012.

1. sugaryling Member

I have a 2012 RNSE with the Kufatec RVC kit from ECStuning.com. I can't seem to get the RVC working. I just heard some scary news from Haaggie that there might be issues with the 2012 units working with the Kufatec RVC. ANy of your guys have this combination working?

I recode the RNSE to Lambo, second digit to 1.
    In channel 4, I changed it from 0 to 1.
    In engineering mode, I can see the reverse turn on and off when I shift it in and out of reverse.
    I have sw200.
  2. Google

3. craigyb Active Member

If you read the info section of Kufatecs sales page regarding the RVC it does state that it doesnot work with 2010+ models

NOTE - Regarding Audi vehicles not suitable for RNS-E head unit from 2010 model year (part number ... ... 193) - coming soon
  4. sugaryling Member

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, the RVC kit was purchased from ECStuning.com and not Kufatec. ECS never stated that info.

Someone please update this thread if you get it working! Thanks.
  5. Firestyler Member

Mine is working... got an RNS-E PU, Kufatec RVC even with Kufatec Basic Plus it's working.
    coding is 0301758 adaptation i have to look.
  6. craigyb Active Member

I have a feeling it does work in older cars, problem is with the newer cars and receiving the reverse signals.

I will be testing one in my A2 soon.
  7. Firestyler Member

I've never had problems with this, juste that coding and

-> Channel 004 (rear view camera)
    0 - disabled
    1 - enabled

everything works with mine A4 B7, RNS-E PU 2010 and Kufatec RVC. Canbus is almost similar to R8 only the R8 needs a different coding.

Be sure you are using the correct canbus, and there are correct high/low.
    As soon the Kufatec thing have power normally it's already working with Channel 4 on 1.
    I gonna check again when i'm home (in 5 weeks) and tell ya'll about it. Because i gonne play also with others things with my navi, TV, RVC...
  8. sugaryling Member

Car :2008 A4
    My coding is 01xxxxx, the second digit is 1 for Lambo. This works in my 02 allroad with the old RNSE.
    With the RNSE coded for Lambo, I should see the RNSE switch video inputs to the RVC when I go in reverse right? Well it doesn't do that. When I switch to reverse, the RNSE does nothing. This is before I change Channel 4 from 0 to 1.

When I try to change Channel 4 from 0 to 1. The RNSE screen goes blank right after I save the new value of 1. However, I still hear the radio and all the buttons still work. I try to reset it and the RNSE is still blank. I have to change the value back to 0 in order for the screen to work again.
  9. Firestyler Member

Why you put on lambo? for the start-up screen? Lambo have a different canbus, same like R8.
    put on 03xxxxx and test then.
  10. sugaryling Member

I code it for Lambo because that's what everyone have been doing for a long time with the older RNSE. When the older RNSE was coded for Lambo, it will turn on the RVC feature. Like I said I have a 02 allroad (with the pre 2010 RNSE) and it's coded for Lambo and my RVC works great. I can care less about the Lambo logo, just want the RVC working.

Once I get a free moment, I'll try coding it to 03xxxxx in the B7 A4. Thanks!
  11. Haaggie Forum Supporter

Guys, AFAIK the problem occurs only with RNS-E PU units that do have a production year 2011 or 2012. Indeed, it seems that the 2010 hardware just works. Anyone got it working with 2011 or 2012 HW?
  12. craigyb Active Member

Ok, I swapped my EU RNS-E PU in my A2 from an 06 HW version to an 02 HW version and coded the reverse camera, it now works as it should and when the camera wire is taken high the unit switches to RVC and back again when disconnected. I then linked everything together with Kufatec RVC IMA module, the cangate module from Bjarne and my reverse signal, everything works as it should.

I just have to get my unit upgraded to SDS again to get full functionality.

My other feeling is that is an 02 unit works with a camera, will it work with a speed pulse when coded to A6 mode?
  13. Haaggie Forum Supporter

Guys, I'm confused regarding the RVC vs RNS-E PU unit and RVC compatibility issues. AFAIK do the 2010 PU units work with the RNS-E, however, the 2011 and 2012 production year PU units don't. I'm still not sure why. Does it have something to do with the software? Or with the connectors? I'm more a salesman than a electrician, but what I did find out was the following on the top labels of the units:

The older (192 pre 2010 units) do have the following connections on the label:

B3: V-signal
    C2: RFSL

However, some other (mainly 2011 & 2012) units do show;

B3: N.C.
    C2: N.C.
    The strange thing is that some 2011 and 2012 units do actually have the

B3: V-signal
    C2: RFSL
    on the label..

could this all be related/causing the above issues?
  14. msullx Member

Hello to all,
    I have a similar problem with my RNS-E Led 193B HW:02 SW:220. Also I checked RNS-E label and I can see pin RFSL in C2.
    My RNS-E Led is coded with 0215756.
    With my old rns-e (192A) my RVC was working just fine with Kufatec IMA and I got camera and auto switch every time I enter in reverse gear.

Yesterday I installed my new RNS-E Led, just plug&play, code it whit VAG and in channel 004 I enter 1.
    As soon I entered 1, my rns-e screen goes blank, but unit keep it running, because I can listen radio, and I got rear camera with auto switch, but nothing more on screen.
    If I entered 3, my unit has normal screen but I don't get auto switch for rear camera. With code 3, I must press MEDIA button to have camera.

With vag I can see an error in Navigation 37:

1 Fault Found:
    03157 - Functionality limited due to Communications Disruption
    000 - -
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 01100000
    Fault Priority: 6
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Reset counter: 57
    Mileage: 105534 km
    Time Indication: 0
    Date: 2013.12.14
    Time: 14:16:06

Freeze Frame:
    Bin. Bits: 00001000 00000000
    Bin. Bits: 00000000 00000000

Anyone knows a solution for this issue?
    Thanks in advance.
  15. PNW Avant Member

Any progress on this? I am motivated to get this figured out as I am on the verge of getting a 2010+ RNS-e. I actually already bought a SEAT Exeo unit but it was destroyed by UPS...so now searching again. I already bought an 8P- AMI unit from ebay.de!

One unit that I am aware of that works fine with RVC has the following part, hardware, and SW numbers. It belongs to member Avanttix. His thread is here: http://audiforum.us/threads/retrofitting-an-my2010-mkii-tt-rns-e-unit-in-an-my2003-b6a4.11395/

Part Number: 8J0 035 193B
    MFG Date: 5/2009
    HW: H02
    SW: 0070

Does anyone know if there was a specific disk that US SW 0070 came on? Or perhaps this was only a factory loaded SW option?
    • Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

Share Audi Forum with friends