2010 Seat RNS-E retrofit for Audi A4 B6/B7

Discussion in 'RNS-E' started by AudiA4B6US, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Haaggie Forum Supporter

Do you guys bij have units with 2011 hardware? There's currently an issue with kufatec interfaces and the rvc, especially with these units (regardless of the SW version).
  2. Google

• Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

Please tell more about how you got AMI working in your B7. I've got an A3 AMI retrofit kit sitting in my study and would love to use this in my B7...
  3. OzMaq New Member

Hi all,

Just upgraded the current RNS E system installed in my B7 2007 RS4 to a later RNS E 2011 model. Physical installation was simpler than I expected as it was merely plug and play. I have the factory fitted CD changer and Bose setup. Everything works perfectly but the only problem I've encountered is that the navigation/cd/radio information no longer appears on the DIS. The top portion of the DIS is constantly blank. Is there something I've missed? Does the car need coding in order to communicate with the new RNS E unit? Does the unit need to be reset? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
    Oz
    • Premium Supporter

The pinouts of the 2010+ RNS-E are 100% identical to the pre-2010 RNS-E so it always was going to be a plug'n'play install physically.

Since it's a 2010+ RNS-E the chance of it being correctly coded for an A4/S4/RS4 is just about zero (since the 2010+ RNS-E isn't available for the B6/B7), so you need to:
    1) sort the coding out of the RNS-E.
    2) clear any fault codes from the RNS-E and phone module (if you have one)

If you still don't see any info in the DIS then it's worth doing a reset (RADIO and SETUP until it restarts) - but I doubt that's the problem. If you still don't see anything in the DIS then check whether the illumination on the RNS-E comes on when you turn the headlights on, if not then you have a CAN bus problem.
  4. OzMaq New Member

Thanks for the helpful response, PetrolDave.

Any idea what I need to change coding wise or know anybody who could help? I've used VCDS before when I owned a Golf GTi MK5 and a Micro CAN cable. If I can't find anyone to help, I guess I need to invest in a Hex CAN cable and code it myself. Any useful pointers?

Thanks again!
  5. Alister Member

Where abouts are you OzMaq?
  6. OzMaq New Member

North London!

I may have to purchase a VAG COM cable and code it myself. Any pointers?

Cheers
    Oz
    • Premium Supporter

I'm going to post the same link that I've posted literally hundreds of times before when asked about coding - to the Ross-Tech wiki http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_Radio/Navigation_System_(RNS-E)
  7. Ulvhedin New Member

if some1 needs the car with the retrofitted RNS-E ;)

eBay links not allowed
    • Premium Supporter

AudiA4B6US Super Moderator

Share Audi Forum with friends