2010 Seat RNS-E retrofit for Audi A4 B6/B7

Discussion in 'RNS-E' started by AudiA4B6US, Apr 27, 2009.

1. idjul New Member

Hey

Can someone tell me the brand name of the SDHC reader card ? I've found a 32Gb SDHC card for 39 euros but this card is not compatible with panasonic readers.
  2. Google

• Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

I use SDHC cards of mixed brands, even unbranded ones bought from supermarkets.
  3. mikerpalmer New Member

Looking for the part-number or someone who is selling the 2010 version. Checked the KB but could not decipher. Thx!
  4. meins10 New Member

I take a RNS-E MJ 2010 into a B6. It works, only the Speed-Limit doesn't show. In the Setup i enable speed-Limit, but its only show in the Demo Mode, not in Navigation Mode.
    Cann anybody help me :)
  5. JohnS3 Member

I don't see the speed limit sign all the time. IIRC it only shows on major roads or perhaps only on roads where the map contains speed data. Could be wrong though.
    • Premium Supporter

Read the thread on this subject - speed limits do not work when a 2010 RNS-E is installed in a B6 or B7.

It appears that the speed limits require the speed messages from the wheel speed sensors to be present on the Infotainment CAN bus, and the CAN gateway in the B6/B7 (an integral part of the instruments) does not route this messages to the Infotainment CAN bus so speed limits do not display.
  6. meins10 New Member

Ok, thanks.
    But the RNS-E receives the speed messages from the wheel speed sensors. In the Engineering mode i see the speed. An this Signal must come from the CAN-BUS. There is no other Speed-Signal-Wire on the RNS-E.
    Do you now which CAN-Messages is missing?

Sorry for my bad englich, i'm from Germany ;-)

br
    • Premium Supporter

As already said - read the thread on the subject of speed limit indication not working on a 2010 RNS-E in a B6/B7, I'm not going to duplicate the information here when it already exists.
  7. meins10 New Member

Can you give me the Link to this thread?
  8. Giblet New Member

Just completed retrofitting a 2010 RNS-E (A3 unit) into my B7 (full thread here). I swapped out the faceplates, rewired the standard Symphony II+ to RNS-E and all is working great.

The previous owner did the wiring for both Audi's (lame) iPod integration (a.k.a. CD Changer) and Sat Radio so I don't know what was required there but both are working fine for me.

As usual, appreciated all the useful information on the boards.
    • Premium Supporter

Giblet - I've moved your post to this thread since it's about retrofitting a 2010 RNS-E into a B7 (you had posted it in the A3/TT/R8 thread).
  9. CliveH Member

I have read this thread with interest, as I was about to dive into an A4 unit.

As I understand it, the 2010 RNS-E unit from a SEAT Exeo, 3R0 035 192, will fit straight into an Audi B6/B7 without modification of the faceplate, and then just needs a bit of coding?

Now what are the advantages of the 2010 SEAT unit over the earlier A4 ones please?
    • Premium Supporter

1) SDHC cards instead of SD cards so you can have 64GB of music not just 8GB.
    2) Higher resolution screen so you see more map area.
    3) Software still being updated.

Other features like the speed limit display don't work when the 2010 RNS-E is installed in an A4 because the CAN bus messages it needs are not passed through by the instruments (which act as a kind-of CAN gateway). Same applies to fitting AMI.
  10. CliveH Member

Thanks Dave.

For those of you who have the 2010 unit, is it worth the extra £200/$300 or so?
  11. CliveH Member

12. bint2k New Member

i think that you can't have the video in motion hack sorta sucks.. i would get the old one for that reason alone.
  13. CliveH Member

not a dealbreaker for me, but is that right?
    • Premium Supporter

AudiA4B6US Super Moderator

No VIM hack for the 2010 Euro RNS-E yet, might only be a matter of time though.
  14. CliveH Member

does that mean there will be new features in the future for the 2010 units?
    • Premium Supporter

Audi have never talked about what features are in which versions - so who knows?

Things like a short press of the on/off button meaning mute were not in the original software versions for the pre-2010 RNS-E, nor was phone functionality.

Share Audi Forum with friends