2010+ RNS-E firmware updated to 210...

Discussion in 'RNS-E' started by bitnaut, Mar 4, 2013.

1. bitnaut Member

...has anyone figured out what's different between the 210 and the previous 200 version? Is it just bug fixes?

e
  2. Google

3. craigyb Active Member

No not at all, it's quite a serious issue that I think will affect a lot of people very soon.

From what I can tell the 210 software is a hack that has been used to force (not read) a PIN code into the RNS-E after a disk drive swap. We all know the PIN is somehow screwed up by swapping a DVD drive from another RNS-E, but obviously that's not goo as it means you can't repair any RNS-E units, so some clever people have come up with a hack disk that writes new SW to the RNS-E and force a new 4 digit PIN code into it as well and set the SW level to 210.

But the problem comes as soon as you install a 2013 disk (SW0220), the hack will be lost along with the PIN code. You will not be able to get a PIN code from Audi as that will not work anymore. Only way around it is to wait until the people who created the hack generate a 2013 version of the hack disk and the people who have been supplying repaired RNS-E units with dodgy hacks actually allow you to update your RNS-E as well.

The hack disk is well protected, not copyable and expensive to buy as far as I'm aware.
  4. bitnaut Member

Sounds like I shouldn't have upgraded my firmware :(

e

Share Audi Forum with friends