2010 Audi RNS-E retrofit (A3 8P, TT 8J, R8)

Discussion in 'RNS-E' started by AudiA4B6US, Apr 27, 2009.

1. zenfascist New Member

And I have a 2009 TT unit with 2009 DVD, also flawless. Just replaced it with a 2010. If anyone is interested, let me know. Email: pebrill (at) talkingwalnut (dot) com
  2. Google

3. Haaggie Forum Supporter

And Peter also ordered it from me..;-)
    • Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

Not true, the pre-2010 RNS-E will work with ALL sizes of SD card, but will not work with SDHC cards of ANY size.

So the pre-2010 RNS_E works with 4GB SD cards - as many owners on here can confirm.
  4. Black&White New Member

Please forgive me if this has already been answered or if this is in the incorrect section. I just picked up a 2011 RNS-E from the A3 (USA version with firmware 0200) swapped over my B7 faceplate and installed. The problem I am running into is with my RVC. I coded the unit to Lamborghini, and the RVC does work when put in reverse, however, nothing else works. The screen is light grey and none of the buttons work. When I change it back to A4 8E, everything works except for the RVC. I have rebooted the radio in-between each coding change with no luck. I am running the OEM Q7 camera with a Kufatec IMA Basic Plus box. I know that I do not get the TV functionality since the new RNS-E does not have a video input for the US firmware. Would changing the IMA Basic Plus box out for a Kufatec Universal RVC box do the trick? Any suggestions? I wanted to get this issue sorted out before I moved onto the AMI issue and sourcing and installing the A3 Can Bus Module. The only other option that I can think of is sourcing the A3 Can Bus module and then retrofitting the R8 RVC module and harness so that it runs through the CAN system and I get the trajectory lines.
    • Premium Supporter

You should post this in the thread about fitting the 2010 RNS-E to the A4 - if I could work out how to move your post I would! But since I can't maybe you could repost it there?
  5. jza80 New Member

A little late posting, but a few months ago I sourced a new 2010- RNSE from Haaggie. Works great, it arrived correctly programmed for my car, and I can recommend this seller without any hesitation. Had a reasonable price, too.

A nice upgrade for my 2009 TTS, which I discovered after purchase as CPO had a scratch exactly in the middle of the LCD screen (the screen was really greasy with handprints, it actually obscured the scratch until I cleaned it and saw the scratch...if I had known about it beforehand I would have bargained the price down a bit more...) But, all good now and I am really happy with the later style unit.
  6. CoolWater New Member

So you have a RNS-E part no. ending with 193 and Kufatec's IMA is working perfectly with it? Although Kufatec says it won't work together? I'm just looking for a multimedia interface which is compatible with RNS-E ...193

Regards,

CoolWater
  7. sugaryling Member

Do anyone know if the 2011 cars with the RNSE that has the glossy trim around the screen works the same as the 2010 ones listed above? Does anyone know the part number for those 2011 units?

Like 8P0 935 193 G or 8P0 035 193 C. Will these work the same as the ones PetroDave listed above?
  8. squaity New Member

Hi there. This is my first time posting here :)

If I got the RNS-E (8P0 035 193), will my ipod adapter in my current 2008 A3 Audi Symphony II+ still work? Also, will it display the track names or will it still be "track 99"
    Thanks!
  9. bitnaut Member

It should work with your RNS-e as long as you code the RNS-e properly but it will not display track names. You'll need AMI for that...
    • Premium Supporter

Yes, the glossy trim is merely a cosmetic update.
  10. Thomas McGlynn New Member

Hello,

In August 2011 I purchased a brand new Audi TT Quattro (MY 2011) with an Audi Navigation Plus unit from an Audi dealer.

After reading through a big part of the posts on this forum I now feel my car has been fitted with a pre 2010 unit rather than the latest model (2010+).

I know most of the key features have been listed here and I already have an idea of my own, however it would be great if someone could tell me for sure how I can tell the difference??? Both on appearance and functionality.

Thank you in advance.

I am also from Australia if that helps
    • Premium Supporter

Really easy way is to get an 8GB SDHC card, format it to FAT32 and put 1 MP3 file onto it.

If the RNS-E recognises and plays the MP3 file then it's definitely a 2010+ RNS-E (as the pre-2010 RNS-E won't work with SDHC cards).
  11. sugaryling Member

I'm a little confused about this one. Can anyone confirm that this is a 2010+ unit?
    PN: 8E0 035 192 T
    This unit doesn't have the "media" button.
    However it does sat "0005/12/05/2011" on the sticker.
    • Premium Supporter

That is definitely NOT a 2010+ unit, the 192 in the part number tells you that (2010+ units have a 193 there).

The lack of a "MEDIA" button confirms that it is NOT a 2010+ unit.
  12. sugaryling Member

That's what I thought! I Just wanted to run it by you guys to make sure. It did throw me off because it had "0005/12/02/2011" on the sticker. As always...thanks again for the info!
  13. DolphinV8 New Member

Noob here, but can I get this to work in a b5? I understand that I will need the face plate mod for sure.
  14. Yahmas New Member

Hello, wizards of the forum!

I have currently acquired a brand new 2011 MY RNS-E unit, which I am looking to swap for my ConcertII+ in a '07 S3. However, a slight problem has occured as the plug and play harness that was included with the unit does not connect well to the quadlock connector already installed on the ConcertII+. However, the general consensus around the internet seems to be that it is mostly plug and play with the original connector connected to the ConcertII+ unit. As I have Bose, do I have to move the Bose pin? I also have a factory mounted iPod docking, does this require that I move some pins as well?

I have searched around a bit, but I just like to be sure before I mess something up..
    • Premium Supporter

Yes.

No.
    • Premium Supporter

No, to work in a B5 the RNS-E needs to be coded as an A6 - and the 2010+ RNS-E will not accept coding for an A6.

Share Audi Forum with friends