2009 A4 Prestige Nav Question

Discussion in 'Navigation units' started by deepadam, Nov 22, 2008.

1. deepadam New Member

Really simple, using the nav/mmi can I search for places by name? For example, a restaurant name or business name? My wife's Acura TSL which costs half the price allows me to do this. AM I MISSING SOMETHING??!??!?!!??!!??!?! :-k
  2. Google

• Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

No you're not. You have to set a destination location near the restaurant or WHY then search for a special location near the destination of the category you are interested in.
  3. deepadam New Member

Thanks for the info. If I wanted to search for "Best Buy" for example, I first need to find a category that it is under. It is not under "Shopping Centers" or any other category.

This system really sucks if you simply can't enter in a city and business name without having to find a category that it MAY be under. :?
    • Premium Supporter

AFAIK the Audi sat nav systems have never shown names of chains like Best Buy, Wal-Mart, McDonalds, etc.
  4. deepadam New Member

Actually it does. If you first select a category such as restaurants, it will list all businesses that fall under that category. My problem is that what if there is no category for the business name you are seeking? For example, Best Buy would fall under shopping, but there is only a "SHopping Center" category which list malls and strip malls instead.
    • Premium Supporter

Well they don't in the EU version.
  5. craigyb Active Member

Restaurants/hotels etc yes they are individually named.

But individual shops, well no, so we have shopping centers, retail areas.

The EU version does this quite well.

Share Audi Forum with friends