0260 firmware download link?

Discussion in 'Maps & Firmware' started by audinutt, Nov 1, 2011.

1. audinutt New Member

I cant find any active links to the latest firmware, was wondering if anyone could help me out?

Thanks,
    -Richard
  2. Advertisement

• Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

Don't post the link here - it will get deleted as we don't encourage breach of copyright.
  3. audinutt New Member

I wasn't aware that the firmware update was a copyright breach, I did find a copy but it appears to have deactivated my pin which I don't care about.
    It also seems to allow backup discs to read MUCH easier and faster.

-Richard
    • Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

Installing and using new firmware without buying it is a copyright breach, just the same as any software/firmware that isn't public domain.
  4. jlm70 New Member

Hi Dave, without the will to breach any copyright, do you know where (and if) is available a list of fix/new features offered by any firmware update?
    I've a nov-2010 A4 (mod. 2011) with MMI 3G/hdd, Bang & Olufsen and hybrid TV Tuner, and wanted to know whatever such an expensive map/firmware update could bring to me. In particular I would immediately update if Audi could have extended the number of audio formats supported by the SDHC interface: i would love being able to bring my DTS surround music library (in wav/dts files) or my hi-def audio files (such as FLAC 24/96).

Unluckily, when I directly contacted Audi engineers, back in august 2010 (even before receiving my ordered car), they told me that the MMI/3g unit had already finished its lifecycle and they would have only developed the next touch versions...
    Having the A4 such an huge worldwide installed base... I couldn't believe my ears, for a company that aims to be innovative... Not updating anymore their top of line multimedia unit for a luxury car that I would have received 6 months later!!
    So I hope they've changed their minds...

Share Audi Forum with friends