01 A8L Tuning Ideas

Discussion in 'D2 platform' started by Colton, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Colton New Member

Does anyone know of a tuning company that tunes A8s? Also been thinking of putting 6.0L W12 in it anyone know if it will fit, suicide doors in rear maybe lambo doors in front or suicide all around? Would appreciate any ideas,Thanks
  2. Advertisement

• Premium Supporter

PetrolDave Super Moderator

What engine do you have at the moment?
  3. Colton New Member

• Premium Supporter

Twin turbos or a supercharger?
  4. Colton New Member

Its stock which is why I want to transplant the S8's W12 in its place
    • Premium Supporter

But as soon as you transplant the W12 it won't be stock?

I'm suggesting you keep the 4.2 V8 and either twin turbo or supercharge that.

I used to work at a firm that fitted add-ons to W12 VW Phaetons - the gas mileage on them was scarily low!
  5. Colton New Member

Its stock which is why I want to transplant the S8's W12 in its place but I will buy W12 with its original transmission and will have everything else done to make it work I would also like to know what you think I should do about the doors
  6. Colton New Member

I suppose I would twin turbo it then. Although I wish there was a way to quad turbo it,supercharging doesn't seem to be as good to me although it works well on my next car purchase;a corvette but I'd twin turbo it too
    • Premium Supporter

Lambo front doors would be cool, but leave the rear as they are - I'm not a fan of suicide doors.
    • Premium Supporter

Turbocharging will give you lag followed by a kick, but supercharging will give you the effect of a bigger motor. I prefer supercharging.
  7. Colton New Member

I could always twin turbo and supercharge it but at a larger cost
    • Premium Supporter

Sounds good - the VAG 1.4TFSI engine is super- and turbo- charged...

Share Audi Forum with friends